The Blitzlow - Season 2017

Can I also say I love it when @Darli calls us all a farking disgrace. Including me.

Underrated passion, love for the Hepp and his wonderful hair situation.

Some other underrated posters

@jackie_mihocek where have those training reports gone

Radio @DJR love

@Warlock_Paul for some awesome pics.

Some very selfless posters amongst that lot.

So I revise.

5 stars
@Donnington for going full Donnington

4 stars
@anon53387714 hardcore trade crazy man

3 stars
@DJR

2 stars
@Warlock_Paul

1 star
@jackie_mihocek but where did you go…

1 Like
  1. Pazza
  2. YourTeam
  3. Nandoz
  4. Moooooooooo
  5. -Megz
1 Like
  1. DJR
  2. Stallion

Don’t really remember anybody else’s names

2 Likes

Xav Campbell just tweeted and thinks this thread should be closed as it may upset posters who aren’t receiving votes.

18 Likes

Damn boys club at bomberblitz, always the same people at the top.

A pox on their house of cards, I hope it all comes crashing down. A corrupt & mismanaged organisation that has been shafting us for years.

#bummerblutz

Am I doing it right? Feel free to add any other well worn AFL cliches/examples in.

1 Like

According to my summary of likes given, Ive got a top 5, which is actually a top 6.

1. Riolio
  2. Bloodstained devils
  3. Dingus
  4. SMJ
  5. Warlock Paul
  6. Split Round

WP and SR had equal likes.

I’m surprised a couple of others arent there, such DJR for his constant contributions, and Bomber Girl for her constant swearing.

edit : Honourable mention must go to Aceman for his good oil.

I like everyone.

1 Like

Ivan
Bakerwasastar
DJR
Jackie
Riolo

Based on likes given

6 - dingarse
5 - rolo
4 - stallion
3 - paul_peos
2 - wob
1 - barnz

But I reckon that’s because they have no life and post 800 times a day.

2 Likes

Except for the Warriors.

1 Like

Some entirely subjective awards. Not everyone got @ mentioned because apparently there’s a 10 mention limit.

Best Match Day Dummy Spits
Winner:
@Aceman normally quite level headed and informative, for mine nobody produces white hot disgust like Ace on match day. In my mind he’s the guy hanging over the fence shouting at anything that moves.
Runners Up:
@westozziebomber if Ace is the guy hanging over the fence, wob is the guy getting interviewed after the match that causes them to cut back to the studio and issue an apology
@darkknightpheonix sometimes what matters is consistency

Best Avatar
Winner:
@Warlock_Paul sourced from a gif that would make David Cronenberg a little uncomfortable, every time I see it I throw up a little in my mouth. Hard not to admire something that intense.
Runners Up:
@Riolio if you want an avatar most likely to match the tone of a post, it’s the winner
Everybody who actually has an avatar. Fie and shame on you coloured letter louts.

Best Ongoing Wrangle
Winner:
wim and benfti’s sniping. Not the most consistent ongoing wrangle, but its ability to pop up from seemingly nowhere at full strength in any thread at any time is a real delight for connoisseurs of the form.
Runners up:
@Ants and @JBOMBER’s astonishingly verbose Dodoro argument. Easily the highest word count per post argument on Blitz, and neither of them ever calls the other a ■■■■.
@Deckham and everybody who has ever posted in the Lid On thread. It’s hard not to admire the dedication and persistence. Unlike the players in finals amirite.

Best Reason To Actually Read Blitz
Winner:
@theDJR seriously, provides VFL coverage week in week out, come rain or shine. Or cold wind. Or more rain. Also kudos to the others who’ve done this over the years
Runners Up:
Jackie like DJR but for training reports, at least early in the season. As above, kudos to all the others who’ve done training reports
@THE_DON1 for TAC Cup coverage this year. Lifetime achievement award for HM obviously though.

Best At Entertaining Themselves In An Empty Room
Winner:
scotty21 when nobody else is in the non-Essendon match threads, he’s still willing to post his thoughts on various pelicans.
Runners up:
Diggers. FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKLLLLLLLLLNNNNNNNNN
*Checks non-Essendon match thread* It’s me, isn’t it?

15 Likes

Don’t get me started.

So just went and had a look at my likes. My top most like person is Koala.

What amuses me is she won with only 14 likes. I obviously do not give out many likes. lol

Btw Deckham likes me the most. Thanks mate.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m more into checking out who likes me the most.

7 Likes

I can only see the individual likes I’ve given, how do I see by order?

Scroll down

Click on your profile - then Summary - then scroll down - should be able to see top links, most replied to, most liked by, and most liked

1 Like

Ah I got it

Stallion
Barnz
Crazy bomber
Rolo
Dingus

1 Like

If there was an award at losing my mind after a slab, or going full lid off, depending on the result, I’m the Winx of blitz

5 Likes