The Blow torch - fair or media hype...?

So lets review two different football events for the week:

1a. Harley B - allegedly caught ripping into some speed
1b. KMH claims drug use at GCS

Result - Damian the flog Barret says that he wont name players out of respect to their anonymity! Seriously? What did the media do to our players!!!?? A few rumblings but nothing of the carnage at EFC after the media barrage.

1. Port lose to the Swans - they have only won ONE more game than us with us having one game in hand. Port challenged for a GF last year, were in the prelim and push the eventual premiers to the wire, hooked their price recruit Judas in the off season as the last piece in their premiership puzzle! Where’s the blow torch on Port? We are 4 and 8 and they were 5 and 8 going into tonight’s game BUT, all of the media pressure is on Hirdy and his coaching…???

Enough is enough - the media can GGF…!!!

Honestly the media might be ■■■■■ but they aren’t stupid
They know no one gives a ■■■■ about those little pleb clubs so why bother writing it all about them

Anything anti-Essendon sells well in the papers.

Spot on VDH!!

It’s all very well to blame the newspapers, but the journos know what their role is.
It’s one thing to sell newspapers, but, as Mike Warner found out, you don’t defecate where you masticate.
They do the AFL’s bidding, and they write what the AFL allows (tells) them to write and leave out what the AFL dictates (tells) them to leave out.
For instance, I for one think everything that comes out of Gillon’s mouth is probably a lie.
If he shook my hand I’d count my fingers afterwards. Then scrub my hands with Solvol.
Yet they hang on every word like he’s some form of deity.

The MSM will continue to print bad stories about us until Hirdy either goes, or wins a premiership.
They will continue to protect basket cases like Port because they are a few bad years from going broke.
And the AFL can’t afford that.
They continue to talk up Gold Coast because the AFL are $100 Million into this market, (which has failed with every other sport imaginable) so the AFL can’t afford to have them be unsuccessful.

The media are now what the AFL call their own staff, communications personnel.

Result - Damian the flog Barret says that he wont name players out of respect to their anonymity! Seriously? What did the media do to our players!!!?? A few rumblings but nothing of the carnage at EFC after the media barrage.

1. Port lose to the Swans - they have only won ONE more game than us with us having one game in hand. Port challenged for a GF last year, were in the prelim and push the eventual premiers to the wire, hooked their price recruit Judas in the off season as the last piece in their premiership puzzle! Where’s the blow torch on Port? We are 4 and 8 and they were 5 and 8 going into tonight’s game BUT, all of the media pressure is on Hirdy and his coaching…???

Beautifully put.

Yeh but we didn’t expect anything more. So meh.

The AFL and the media want Hird’s head. And they think they have a chance to get it. As a result no leeway is given for poor performance.

As someone pointed out earlier, no one cares about Port in Melbourne so their poor performance won’t sell papers. The story would need to be bigger but there is no chance Port will sack Hinkley at this stage so there’s less incentive to go hard at him.

What is happening to Hirdy is a disgrace. Media bias.

AFL sanctioned character assassination.

However this is the world we live in.

Hirdy has balls of reinforced carbon steel to cope with this.

#standbyhird

This saga has been quite a shock to me. I never really thought it possible.

Free Speech… rubbish. Its just that now the threats are financial / business related rather than freedom related.

I’m personally glad that Judas has been like a poison chalice to PA. What goes around comes around.

Well said mate. The other one that really irritated me was Port went from cellar dwellers to world beaters in the space of a season and they had 2 seasons where their last quarters were streets ahead of any other team. But oh no, the Bombers couldn’t be running out their games without some sort of assistance. GAGF!

Agree Klawdy - suspicious to say the least!

the only way to shut the media flogs mouths is for the Bombers to start winning games of football.

Great post VanDerHaar

Anything anti-Essendon sells well in the papers.

People hate us more, and I for one am fine with that.