The Bomber$$

Need a quick rant, feel free to flame me or purge this topic.

So today, like many of you, I got an email to tell me to go and buy everything at the Bomber shop. I know marketing have a job to do, but fk me I kinda feel they have no right to ask anything of us so soon after those last couple of efforts. But hey, like some of the players, gotta chase those Benjamins. I’m only 30 but even I can remember when footy was about more than bank balances.

On top of that is the weak leadership again with Xavier apologising to the players and the club for being perceived as going over the top, and then Hepp’s press conference where he basically laughed it all off as a “one off” occasion and mentioned some great form in the VFL…can anyone tell me what that form was or who might have shown it because I feel he may not have been watching the same game.

End rant. I know I should leave it to some of you more eloquent wordsmiths, but just needed to get that off my chest.

15 Likes

Donate to the flight plan

6 Likes

Riiiiiight… I guess instead the club should have announced that they are no longer going to sell any merchandise until we sort our ■■■■ out on field.

4 Likes

What a week on Blitz this has been…

6 Likes

What are “Benjamins”?

3 Likes

I see. Thanks.

Our gear is getting expensive then.

You don’t see it as poor timing? How about no announcement or sales pitch after the worst loss of the year

4 Likes

Think you’re being a bit precious.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say so, I didn’t even bring it up.

You’re just being typical disagreeable you though

1 Like

Yeah, Munchen - you better apologise to the players for offending their sensibilities just like X did.

Or follow Dingus’ advice and send them some frilly panties.

1 Like

I received an email from Wolf Blass after we beat Port asking me to buy some of their wine to “celebrate Essendon being in the eight”. Cringeworthy marketing.

4 Likes

Now that’s more like it

DONS FANS

DO YOU LIKE A PUNT?

6 Likes

I think the club should shut down until we win a flag.

5 Likes

It could be worse. The blitz ads all seem to be for young women’s party clothes. Who does it think I am???

2 Likes

I feel this discussion is a necessary one, as there hasn’t been anywhere near enough reasons to sh*t on the club this week…

7 Likes

Yeah, but if you run over your neighbours dog, you don’t knock on his door and ask to borrow his chainsaw the next day.

This is kinda that.

The club keeps giving us new reasons to sh*t on them.

5 Likes

I’m not sure your analogy is all that accurate, but it was quite amusing.

Marketing isn’t just about eliciting positive responses in people, sometimes it’s just about responses.

I’d forgotten the Bomber Shop existed until you brought it up, fwiw.

1 Like

I certainly don’t understand marketing in this regard. Is it like playing the long game?: remind you that the Bomber Shop exists while your emotions are high about the club… even though there’s very little chance that you’d buy something right now.

1 Like