The Bomber$$

“Did you hate the way we played on the weekend? Share that hate by buying someone an Essendon jumper, and make them feel as awful as you.”

22 Likes

I really shouldn’t have ignored that chain letter in 2011 “Buy some merchandise otherwise your team will have bad luck for 4 years”!

4 Likes

Not another Juan.

IMO The club had some of the most heavy handed and unsubtle marketing out there. I get stacks of marketing stuff every day, but the stuff EFC does seems lacking in nuance. It’s like being they have a list of 60k members, and the KPI for the marketing department is to email every one of them exactly the same thing every week, and robo-call every one of them every 3 weeks. (F**K I hate the robo calls).

On the other hand I like the fan engagement stuff.

But they have a whole heap of info on a whole heap of people. Surely a bit of nuance in their marketing would be better?

The CEO did what?

Dont forget to buy a raffle ticket “for the boys”!

1 Like

Kinda just further highlights how ■■■■ this club is being run on multiple levels.

Xavier should have stood by his twitter words, who cares if the media runs with it.
Supporters were upset, shows supporters his skin in the game too, to then apologise to the players i just dont get it.

Kennett or McGuire would have been just as ■■■■■■ if their club lost a game from there too.
Just move one.

1 Like

With fans like ours, who needs the AFL to screw over the club and make it look bad?

1 Like

Yes definitely less than ideal timing to send that e-mail, but you know you don’t have to buy it

I don’t get any marketing/sales emails. I select no and switch these off whenever they come through.

This is stupid on so many different levels I don’t even know where to begin. It’s a nice sunny day, go outside and enjoy it and switch off for a moment, because if this stuff is setting you off it sounds like you need to relax

I think it highlights how the marketing department like to use email to promote their product.

and, I prefer our colours to be red and black, not red and grey.

1 Like

Oh geez, I’ve head everything now.

So let me get this straight. The Club can’t send out marketing material after a loss because you are upset.

So people who were whinging that the players shouldn’t be upset at Xavier Campbell’s tweet and that the players should suck it up are now saying that they are upset because the club sent them an email. Spare me.

The business of the Club doesn’t stop just because we lost a game. We can’t write a nice little note to the creditors and suppliers asking that we not pay any bills for a while (or until we win our next game).

Some people just whinge and sook about everything. As a society I think we have lost our ability to put things in perspective.

4 Likes