The Coaches

Never heard of him.

He is a gun. At one stage he was the youngest person doing the job in the industry. He has been approached by a lot of clubs. Helped Geelong win there last flag.

Please don’t say he was also at the Gold Coast Suns.

He never went GC. They offered him a position but he went to the Cat’s

Never heard of him.

He is a gun. At one stage he was the youngest person doing the job in the industry. He has been approached by a lot of clubs. Helped Geelong win there last flag.

I’m liking this less and less.

He has nothing to do with supplements or weight training

Never heard of him.

I’m liking this less and less.

He has nothing to do with supplements or weight training

If you’re not sleeping or eating, you’re data analysing.

Never heard of him.

Oh fark, not another Rodeo clown
Why do you need a strategist to tell a team to kick it to Joedan in the square with Tippa, Colyer, Razio crumming.

Because we don’t play like that!

Personally, I hope the first thing the strategist does is convince Wooosha the best strategy for the club right now is to hire someone who can teach JD how to kick straight.

At every game I hear many who would consider themselves "Game intelligence and opposition strategy" material. You just know by the one phrase uttered in booming voices "belt the little farker and then just kick the friggen thing!"

LOL They say footy is a simple game. In this case “belt the little farker and then just kick the friggen thing!” is a simple opposition strategy and it makes for pretty good entertainment

It’s called the Tuddenham ultimatum.

http://bjsmbeta.bmj.com/content/early/2016/10/26/bjsports-2016-096309.short?rss=1&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Justin Crow involved in afl injury research with LaTrobe. Data seems to be from Essendon. Full text linked from my thanks page.

http://bjsmbeta.bmj.com/content/early/2016/10/26/bjsports-2016-096309.short?rss=1&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Justin Crow involved in afl injury research with LaTrobe. Data seems to be from Essendon. Full text linked from my thanks page.

Bit worried about the BETA part of that web address. Hasn’t been good for us, that word.

So we’ve added Diesel Williams, any other announcements recently? No goal kicking coach announcements?

Rob Harding is a key person playing his first game day role at Essendon in 8 days.

We now have the playing group to benefit from the assistance that Neeld and Harding can bring on game day, in a reactive/ tactical sense , but also the nuances in team selection to best respond to specific opposition strengths. Lets hope we can improve in this area to get the best out of our team

I wonder, will we be able to notice any difference ?

What happened to all the Skippy haters?

Present

1 Like

Still here

Alive and well

Sorry, I was reading another thread, Am I late to the haters meeting?

Skippy looks a lot better now that we have some really good players in the forward line.
Skippy will look even better if the Mids start delivering the ball low into 50 and honoring leads.

1 Like

I reckon that’s wrong. A good coach makes average players better. If he can only do it with good players why bother.

Skipworth has never been a problem. That’s why he’s still employed, and was promoted into his current position after doing very well in the VFL from an internal, (read non ignorant) perspective.

Those that still can’t see this & accept it just because of what they think from their outsider, no idea, never coached a team perspective, are, AFAICT, all members of the “Young’n Club”

Hopefully, for their sake’s, they grow out of that silly immature arrogance phase most young men go through, and learn to accept those in the know, know better than they do, and start to look at what they must be missing, rather than assuming it’s the actual experts that are doing the missing. In the meantime, … Sae La Vie.

1 Like

I called him rubbish at the vfl when I heard his 3qtr time rev up and the team died. That same day Saladin questioned his validity as vfl coach.

1 Like

You heard one 3/4 time address, and the team didn’t go well afterward for one qtr, … and you decided from just that, that he is no good, & won’t ever be, just like that?.. do you not even realise how ridiculous that is?

Especially in light of his promotion & continued employment by the club, with all the collective footy smarts that go into making such calls?

C’mon mate …

1 Like