The concert and gig thread

Yes, he is that - but the guitar work wasn’t all Derek - the Missus played a lot of the lead and Susan Tedeschi’s one hell of a guitarist herself. From up where we were - front row, balcony - I could see which was leading and when, but if you didn’t look you might be mistaken in thinking it was all Derek.

BTW - There’s a huge selection of their live concerts uploaded to Internet Archive.

1 Like

Maybe old news now but saw Wilco at the Forum the other week. Had no expectations but thought they were excellent. Good to see wizened old blokes (like me) on top of their game.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why Kiss and their family members didn’t retain their songs and likeness rights and just hired young musicians to tour as Kiss.

Could keep the business going for another 60 years, if they wanted to.

Yeah i got feeling they were going that way on some comments they made recently, but gene loves cash soooooo much, i think he firmy believes in pulling as much from the brand before he croaks as he can coz god has told him cash also king in the afterlife.

1 Like

These lil guys?

4 Likes

Some mates of mine went and enjoyed it so much they tried to go again the next night. They’ve both been to a lot of gigs and have it up there in the pantheon. Makes me a bit rueful for not going.

3 Likes

1 Like

Does he still perform “I Want You”? I only caught him live once, at the Arts Centre about 25 years back and that was the set highlight, still vivid in my mind.

Not this time, here is the set list

2 Likes

Yeah she was ripping too!
I kind of wish we weren’t sitting though. Everyone sitting was a bit of a buzz kill.

Internet archive… yep that’s awesome for jam bands, listened to plenty of dead shows on there.

2 Likes

Another Deadhead ? I thought I was the only one on BB. Aoxomoxoa, brother !

1 Like

We saw him there about 10 years ago. He’s such a great performer.

2 Likes

Weir everywhere!

….Not really though, I wish I knew more.

1 Like

Anyone see the Monkeymen play the Stones Kooyong setlist today? Horns, backing vocalists, keys, Tim Rogers, a lot of rock but 80 bucks

1 Like

Never got this guy.

Credit to him, he won’t go away.

Does he front all the Hard Ons shows now? I’m gonna go see them at a tiny club in Osaka next month and thought that’d be kinda cool if he’s singing.

1 Like

Pretty sure he does.

It’d be a reason for me not to see them. But I never really was into his stuff. And I’m a grumpy old man.

1 Like

Yep, went along and thoroughly enjoyed it. Terrific group of musicians, Tim Rogers being Tim Rogers, and boy do the Wolfgramm sisters have some serious pipes or what?

Going to a show late July to see a bunch of local musos, including Rogers again, play Sticky Fingers. Hopefully it’s as good ss yesterday’s gig.

4 Likes

I don’t think Merry Clayton has a competitor yet, but Honky Tonk Woman was very good. The Corner is so close up too, not sure the Palais for Sticky Fingers will feel the same.

1 Like