The concert and gig thread

I don’t know if DG is a nice guy. playing with a broken leg and rocking up to play at people’s parties definitely gets a nod of respect, and I liked the doco about him buying that big assed mixing panel.

It’s just the music he plays is goat ■■■■.

I imagine the only reason people listen to it is because of the link to nirvana, and FF couldn’t be any more removed.

Oh well, looks like he has fun doing it, and who wouldn’t? so good on him.

Yeah…i must admit the playing in peoples back yard thing was pretty cool. Big brownie points there.

For the record- I cant stand Nirvana, couldnt then, cant now.
Much prefer FF.

Yeah..i must admit the playing in peoples back yard thing was pretty cool. Big brownie points there.

For the record- I cant stand Nirvana, couldnt then, cant now.
Much prefer FF.

I agree with this bloke.

I don't know if DG is a nice guy. playing with a broken leg and rocking up to play at people's parties definitely gets a nod of respect, and I liked the doco about him buying that big assed mixing panel.

It’s just the music he plays is goat ■■■■.

I imagine the only reason people listen to it is because of the link to nirvana, and FF couldn’t be any more removed.

Oh well, looks like he has fun doing it, and who wouldn’t? so good on him.

It began with a bit of Nirvana crossover, but that has fk all to do with it now. I dont like the last half of what they’ve done, but that is for the same reasons so many more do. They are the biggest rock act in the world, and the new music they produce sells in boatloads,… that has as much to do with Kurt Kaboom & those days as it does the flat white I just made, sweet fark all.

Axl fkn boom bah Rose rumoured to fill in for Brian Johnson for the remainder of acca dacca’s US tour…

Eeeerrrrumm

Died pretty at the NGV on good Friday, should be great and get to see the warhol/weiwei exhibition! Brilliant start to an easter weekend.

Last Died Pretty gig I went too, Ron Peno tried to pick me up.

Where did you say they were playing?

Thinking of buying tickets for PJ Harvey in Berlin at €68 a head. I’m in love with “Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea”. However if I went to the concert and she played none of it I’d be a bit devo. Seems she’s not really in that phase these days…

Axl fkn boom bah Rose rumoured to fill in for Brian Johnson for the remainder of acca dacca's US tour..

Eeeerrrrumm

Both have rubbish voices so its probably appropriate.

Supersuckers @ Cherry bar should be pretty cool in a couple weeks.

Nice!

Thinking of buying tickets for PJ Harvey in Berlin at €68 a head. I'm in love with "Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea". However if I went to the concert and she played none of it I'd be a bit devo. Seems she's not really in that phase these days...

It doesn’t matter if she plays anything from that album, as much as it’s great. She could play anything from the entire back catalogue and it will be worth it.

Getting my brit 90s on and seeing The Chief tonight at Margaret Court (wtf venue wise) , been a good last few months with Ocean Colour Scene and the Mary Chain shows all farkin epic

Going to Matilda tomorrow.
Hope it’s good.
Apparently Minchin’s doing a musical of Groundhog Day next.

Maybe going to eagles of death metal here in Perth.
I didn’t know west coast had a band. No wonder they got flogged in the granny.

His last few musical efforts haven't been too flash, but if you're referring to the Cobain/Love stuff, well there's two sides to that story, & I don't put much stock in one of them myself.

If not that though, why exactly? What has he done? I 'm no fanboy so wouldn’t have a clue, the last I heard, he fell off stage, broke his leg, went & had it set, & came back and performed in a wheel chair rather than let down the paying fans, & I thought, yeah, cool.

I certainly wasn’t thinking, gee, what a wancker.

lol the Parkway Drive guitarist played half their US or EU tour in a wheelchair

Much better than Annette from Nightwish who bailed mid tour then cracked the ■■■■■ when Alyssa from Arch Enemy and Elize Ryd sung in her place

Legite rockers are Parkway. Not exactly my type but my eldest boy losses his ■■■■ for them so Ive taken notice.
Thumbs up from me as the new gen of hard ■■■■ metal…extra points for being Aussies and from all accounts cool dudes to boot.

Legite rockers are Parkway. Not exactly my type but my eldest boy losses his ■■■■ for them so Ive taken notice. Thumbs up from me as the new gen of hard ■■■■ metal..extra points for being Aussies and from all accounts cool dudes to boot.

Iirc they’re all straight edge (no alcohol or drugs) so probs not the worst roll models at least lol
Though given they’re from Byron a little surprising they’re all not massive pot heads haha

Legite rockers are Parkway. Not exactly my type but my eldest boy losses his ■■■■ for them so Ive taken notice. Thumbs up from me as the new gen of hard ■■■■ metal..extra points for being Aussies and from all accounts cool dudes to boot.

Iirc they’re all straight edge (no alcohol or drugs) so probs not the worst roll models at least lol
Though given they’re from Byron a little surprising they’re all not massive pot heads haha

The singer apparently took lessons between their last two albums.
I have a lot of respect for people who do that sort of thing, Daniel Johns is another who comes to mind, studying music after their debut album.

And Crushed is a cracker.

The singer apparently took lessons between their last two albums.
I have a lot of respect for people who do that sort of thing, Daniel Johns is another who comes to mind, studying music after their debut album.

And Crushed is a cracker.

For sure, the best one for that IMO was Randy Rhoads.

He was already one of the greatest rock guitarists going around, yet at every city he played at he would search the yellow pages for the local classical guitar teacher and while Ozzy and the rest of the band partied he would be taking lessons.

Where did you say they were playing?

It was at the national gallery of Vic. (waterwall one) ticket included late night viewing of the current exhibition there as well. Really good night, they were in pretty good form as well.