The concert and gig thread

Not at all weird, given Corgan has been a wrestling promoter for years.

Just hope you don’t have to cop Tyrus…

Off to see Halestorm tomorrow night at The Forum.

Curious to hear how Lzzy Hale’s vocals sound live as I love how she sounds on their recorded stuff and whether she can replicate it. She has a powerful and wide vocal range so am really looking forward to this gig…plus being back at The Forum after a few years excites me as I love the place for attending live music.

3 Likes

Hopefully it’s Maddog and Cletus vs the Prestons

Not really that unusual to have it at Kryal Castle.

They’ve had large scale music festivals there in the last few years.

Also during that brief period in the 00’s when Wolfmother were the biggest band in the world…… they played there I remember.

1 Like

Been Caught Stealing live at Kryall Castle

Classic Girl at Hastings

2 Likes

I’ve got a massive week this week:

Fontaines D.C. on Wednesday (Forum)
City and Colour on Thursday (Forum)
Laneway Festival on Saturday

and then sports to watch on Sunday and Monday damnnnn.

1 Like

RHCP copping it in the media for playing an even mix of old v new album songs on current AUZ/NZ tour. Seems fans want their classics only.

Only to be expected that they’d want to play their new album on tour. What’s more puzzling is Post Malone touring with them, apples and oranges if ever I’ve seen it.

Look forward to seeing them next weekend on the 12th here in Perth, seen them once before about 6 years ago with the Killers and they were awesome. Amazing Kiedis is still alive let alone singing gigs.

I’m so annoyed with the setlists right now, on track to miss the sets with more Californication songs which is one of my favourite albums of all time and have wanted to see John come back and play those songs but nope looks like the 2nd Melbourne show will get those. Feel like I’ve been punished for being excited to make sure I got tickets :joy:

Last time I saw them the set list sucked and looks like I’ll be screwed over again.

I wanted to go for post Malone but I reckon it’ll be half arsed the way it’s set up.

I’m shocked at his set list he has been playing 16 songs each time which is way too much for a support act, to make up for Chili Peppers not being able to go as long as they could before I think.

3 Likes

Halestorm are awesome!
Lzzie is one of my favourite female singers.

3 Likes

I was blown away on Friday night at their gig. She is by far the most powerful singer I’ve ever heard live.

They are definitely a band to be heard live. As good as their recorded stuff sounds their music goes up many more levels live.

Lzzy is just a phenomenal singer.

3 Likes

I would have liked to have seen them, too.

Has anyone mentioned Everclear coming up?
Haven’t checked if I’m off that night.
Meet and greet packages are sold out, and not that I’m desperate to meet Everclear, I thought $240ish(?) seemed pretty reasonable.

I hear their small talk lacks polish.

I keep getting everclear and some other totally unrelated band mixed up. All I can remember is a guitar was stolen

1 Like

It’s easy… Everclear had one decent album of good tuneful alt-rock, then disappeared up their egos and forgot what made them ok in the first place (i.e. tuneful alt-rock). The other band you’re thinking may not have even had that.
Everclear’s basically the singer and a bunch of hired hands these days. The other blokes left years ago (including the Keanu Reeves lookalike on bass…)

1 Like

I’ve got the same.
Just add Dave Shapelle on Sunday night.

Then a 6am flight to Brisbane on Monday morning. Cooked.

I had a compilation once with Everclear covering How Soon Is Now.

Ugh… conceptually that is a horrible idea. The only halfway decent cover I’ve heard of HSIN was by Love Spit Love (a short-lived incarnation of Psychedelic Furs), and that was really just a facsimile of the original.

That was the one they used on Charmed for the opening credits.

1 Like