The concert and gig thread

Im flying up to Brisbane to see AlterBridge in April. Eaton Hotel. I’m pumped for this one.

Anyone going to see Nick Cave at the Music Bowl?

Not I said the fly …

MUSIC

Australian rock royalty Radio Birdman and Died Pretty are teaming up for a 2017 tour

by Faster Louder 6 February 2017

They’re two of the most revered acts to come out of ’70s and ’80s Australia, and now they’re gearing up to hit the road while sharing headlining duties.
Radio Birdman and Died Pretty stand as trailblazers in the canon of Australian alternative rock, influencing generation after generation of bands not only at home, but all across the globe.
Originally disbanding in 1978 after kicking down the door for Australian independent rock, Radio Birdman have occasionally reformed ever since hitting Big Day Out in 1996 – with their steady current lineup performing together since 2014.
The Ron S Peno led Died Pretty have had a similar history of existence, hitting A Day On The Green last year.
Each band will take turns alternating closing duties on each stop of the upcoming tour.
Radio Birdman and Died Pretty joint 2017 headline tour
Friday June 16 – Enmore Theatre, Sydney NSW
Saturday June 17 – Capitol, Perth WA
Friday June 23 – The Tivoli, Brisbane QLD
Sunday June 25 – The Gov, Adelaide SA
Friday June 30 – The Croxton, Melbourne VIC
Saturday July 1 – The Croxton, Melbourne VIC

Anyone keen?

MUSIC

Australian rock royalty Radio Birdman and Died Pretty are teaming up for a 2017 tour

by Faster Louder 6 February 2017

They’re two of the most revered acts to come out of ’70s and ’80s Australia, and now they’re gearing up to hit the road while sharing headlining duties.
Radio Birdman and Died Pretty stand as trailblazers in the canon of Australian alternative rock, influencing generation after generation of bands not only at home, but all across the globe.
Originally disbanding in 1978 after kicking down the door for Australian independent rock, Radio Birdman have occasionally reformed ever since hitting Big Day Out in 1996 – with their steady current lineup performing together since 2014.
The Ron S Peno led Died Pretty have had a similar history of existence, hitting A Day On The Green last year.
Each band will take turns alternating closing duties on each stop of the upcoming tour.
Radio Birdman and Died Pretty joint 2017 headline tour
Friday June 16 – Enmore Theatre, Sydney NSW
Saturday June 17 – Capitol, Perth WA
Friday June 23 – The Tivoli, Brisbane QLD
Sunday June 25 – The Gov, Adelaide SA
Friday June 30 – The Croxton, Melbourne VIC
Saturday July 1 – The Croxton, Melbourne VIC

Anyone keen?

Keen is an understatement

Both nights I’m thinking

Ha , (great minds?), … I was too.

Gunners. Last night. Impressive. Slash killed it. Axl sounded better as the night wore on. Angus.

Just left Dinisaur Jr. what a ■■■■■■ awesome gig. To think you can see a band like this in the suburbs of Melbourne, at the end of my street
Someone posted a vid on YouTube of them playing "My Pal" with God guys. Fwarrrrk!

This blew my mind.

FFS Midnight Oil, announce your promised tour dates FFS.

Gunners. Last night. Impressive. Slash killed it. Axl sounded better as the night wore on. Angus.

Duff is probably the coolest guy in the world.
Axel genuinely thinks November Rain is the greatest song ever written. He saved his best for that song.
Then held the last note of Dont Cry for about 2 seconds not 45 like in the song.

I cried when Angus played Whole lotta Rosie.
I’d had 20 beers but hey.

Duff is probably the coolest guy in the world.
Axel genuinely thinks November Rain is the greatest song ever written. He saved his best for that song.
Then held the last note of Dont Cry for about 2 seconds not 45 like in the song.

I cried when Angus played Whole lotta Rosie.
I’d had 20 beers but hey.

Looking forward to them tomorrow night in Adelaide. Hopefully cricket finishes early enough to give me plenty of time to get there.

The Oils are back!!!
World tour announced and they are playing in Adelaide October 26 this year, absolutely stoked

Ticketmaster site doesn't seem to want to give away the ticket price for the Hangin Rock gig. Got it for the Bowl, .. but not that one?

Anyone have an idea what they’re worth, or if I’m doing something wrong?

FFS Why didn’t I abuse the Oils earlier FFS.

P.S. ■■■ ■■■ ■■■.

Oils not playing Asia. :frowning:

Has anyone been to a concert at Hanging Rock ?

Though I saw the Oils at the Music Bowl in the summer of 90/91 (?) and it was a friggin awesome show, I’m favouring the Hanging Rock concert at this stage.

{someone please insert “why don’t we do both” GIF}

Yeah, I’m seriously thinking of two or more of Hanging Rock, Bowl, and the Sydney closer.

I was at the 199x Sidney Myer concert. If I recall correctly, it was the Cruel Sea who cracked the sads big time when we wouldn’t stop chanting OILS.

looking at going to Hanging Rock as well - can not wait!

Off to see Ups And Downs (superb Brisbane band from late 80’s-early 90’s, same genre as Go-Betweens/the Church, couple of Double J/Triple J hits - Perfect Crime, The Living Kind, Solitary Man, Lit By The Fuse - way back when) in April. Never thought I’d see the day!!
Last saw them playing with The Hummingbirds in 1988 (!!)
Footage of them playing gigs a few years ago sounded great, which augers very well indeed…