In memoriam. Australian Journalism. Judd Wept

A new low by Barrett on triplem latest update on Hird's health ( as if he would know) but then suppose he's not a real journo, just a Gerry Gee - which Ron Blaskett this time? Using Hird's friends to give legitimacy to his reporting. triplem.com.au

All he has done there is take most of what others have written since Hird was hospitalised, put it all in one article, and claimed it as his own work. Cheap journalism yes, a new low, no.

A new low by Barrett on triplem latest update on Hird's health ( as if he would know) but then suppose he's not a real journo, just a Gerry Gee - which Ron Blaskett this time? Using Hird's friends to give legitimacy to his reporting.

He’s not using Hirds friends. He’s using you and me and every single person who clicks on, comments about and shares this crap.

Barrett is the crack ■■■■■ of PR.
Not a journalist.
Rummaging through peoples rubbish bins, will suck ■■■■ for a story, hoping for a pat on the head from his Master.
What a sad existence, and a sorry excuse for a human being.

Not using me, I don’t listen to triplem, skip all the ads.
LOL, reinforcing the subtext , but not going so far as Smith, we have done all we could for him

Not using me, I don't listen to triplem, skip all the ads. LOL, reinforcing the subtext , but not going so far as Smith, we have done all we could for him

You posted a link here, you think you’re not being used? Think again.

Headline in the Hun ( won’t post the link)
Woosha rapt with banned Bombers

Ugh. Channel 7 Melbourne showed utterly appalling ethics tonight.

So a women’s body is found in Mount Macedon bushland… police were looking for Karen Ristevski vaguely in that area (north-west corridor), 7’s reporter is careful to mention the body hasn’t been identified yet…but then they manage to imply that identification is a formality by spending 5 minutes recapping the story behind her disappearance, during which they casually toss the husband out there as the prime suspect. They cap off their coverage with the piece de resistance of a reporter who just happens to be camped out on their door step, for a riveting retelling of car movement at the property since the body was discovered…because that isn’t entirely meaningless or anything.

Anyone watch Media Watch tonight? Probably fake ABC news.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/-gugc4t.html

This article in today’s Age, refers to Brendan Goddard as the reigning Best & Fairest at EFC. I think Zerrett may have something to say about that.

“Naked man jumps through window of moving car, bites driver’s ear”

• cop refers to zombie incident

Ten News: the DFO plane crash was an explosion “like an atomic bomb”.

Ten news repeatedly calling Borce Ristevki, “Boris”.
I’m assuming that’s not how u pronounce it.

“AFL star’s medical emergency”
( Fevola ate some hot chillies)

EFC site article on Stants:
" Heppell takes over the captaincy reigns…

Ten news repeatedly calling Borce Ristevki, "Boris". I'm assuming that's not how u pronounce it.

I don’t reckon it is. Do we have any Massos on blitz??

"Vale Trevor Grant, one of Australia’s finest sportswriters of his time"

Heading from the HS, the paper he used to write for. He would be disappointed I’m sure.

The “journo” Jon Anderson, goes on to repeat the phrase in the body of the article, so it’s not just the mistake of the work experience kid.

Hey Jon, how about: ‘one of the finest Australian sportswriters of his time’? Just a suggestion.

1 Like

Chip’s tweet is better, refers also his advocacy on Tamil refugees

Reading the other tweets only emphasises how ridiculously bad journalism has become. Just throw the words together and hope the reader can make some sense of them.

1 Like

Well yes of course I know it was Canberra but just wanted to keep the 3 letter code going.

The main point is: if an Australian events doesn’t happen in Snydey or in Parliament House, there is not much chance of it being covered. So much for a show supposedly about current affairs.

“In 53 years Locky Magnusson has missed the boys run out for Nathalia Football Club, which will host the Herald Sun Foxtel Full-On Footy Tour, only three times.”

Jeez, HS, can I buy some sentence structure?

3 Likes