In memoriam. Australian Journalism. Judd Wept

Even if it were a split infinitive, I doubt it’s a thing any more, like using a preposition to end a sentence with.

Even if it were a split infinitive, I doubt it's a thing any more, like using a preposition to end a sentence with.

Do you split them? I don’t. But prepositions are words I often end sentences with.

Even if it were a split infinitive, I doubt it's a thing any more, like using a preposition to end a sentence with.

Do you split them? I don’t. But prepositions are words I often end sentences with.

I find it useful to meaningfully split them, but as Churchill said, the other is a situation up with which he would not put.

She is not really a journalist, but I learnt from the host of the All Stars game that “the MCG is the heartbeat of Melbourne”.

Preliminary report reveals cause of South Australia blackout

“THE South Australia blackout was sparked after a severe storm caused wind power to disconnect from the electricity network, a new report has found.”

What the fk is this as an opener to the article? Why bother mentioning what form of power was disconnected? To give the old fossils some kind of fallacy to hang their hats on?

There are no words left.

The text above doesn’t actually say wind power disconnecting was the cause, just that it preceded everything else crashing. Whether everything else would have crashed anyway (e.g. after the poles folded like wet cardboard) is not answered, yet.

Like many such online articles, they amend an existing one rather than start from scratch, and it ends up contradicting itself.

No. it doesn’t. You’re absolutely right. It just hangs it out there for all the right wing shills to froth about on online forums.

Phase to ground events dropped the wind power, which it does so with any type of generation. That was only part of the fault cascade that occurred, of course. But, lightening from a huge farking storm struck a couple of wind farms so that will be all people focus on and the propaganda will be that means “wind farms baaaad”.

The age just upped the ante

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/shows/hot-breakfast-eddie-mcguire/blog/2016/10/the-age-make-another-massive-stuff-up-following-sydneys-best--fairest/

The Age are not having a good week.

On Monday they printed an advertisement for Victoria University which congratulated the Western Bulldogs on a great season despite LOSING the Grand Final…

Well, today they have gone one better.

In an editorial article in the Sports section, they report that Dan Hannebery won the Skilton Medal last night

The problem?

The medal was actually won by Josh Kennedy. Oh dear…

I guess that’s what happens when you sack all your sub-editors.

Today’s headline: “Animated penises”.

I think they have jumped the shark.

Today's headline: "Animated penises".

I think they have jumped the shark.

Aren’t they called vibrators?

I thought “My dad’s poo saved my life” was pretty average.

“Gina Rinehart falls down flight of stairs”

UPDATE: GINA Rinehart has fallen down a flight of stairs in the Emirates Marquee during a rare appearance at the Melbourne Cup.

"Gina Rinehart falls down flight of stairs"

UPDATE: GINA Rinehart has fallen down a flight of stairs in the Emirates Marquee during a rare appearance at the Melbourne Cup.

I thought that was in the funnies, because I laughed.

Update…

Update…

https://www.chaser.com.au/2016/gina-rinehart-euthanised-melbourne-cup-fall/

Laughing harder now.

So are most of her kids.

Well, The Age in their wisdom has produced an article coined “The secret art of persuasion: Naked City’s 12 most influential Victorians” written by John Silvester. At number two they give a lovely little write up for our very own serial rapist and murderer Adrian Bayley. I guess he’s an influential victorian…not sure we needed to be reminded of it.

Thats going to go over well with the waking public on a Saturday morning.

Other mentions on the list to keep the rapist and murderers company was, pig shock-jock Ross Stevenson, small person Alistair Clarkson, Stephen Dank (who?) and our favourite Caroline Wilson.

So…silver lining.

Not sure if serious.

But not going to check.

Absolutely disgusting if so.