In memoriam. Australian Journalism. Judd Wept

Here we go. This is what we get in QLD.
Tostee’s mystery blonde shake mate
GOLD Coast playboy Gable Tostee, acquitted of murder, has been spotted snapping selfies with a mystery blonde while downing a massive milkshake in record time.

The last few posts have me feeling a little lost…

The last few posts have me feeling a little lost...
Best to just accept the human race is de-volving.

I was pleased to hear that Tony Abbott regards Andrew Bolt as “our greatest public intellectual”. What an indictment!

PS it’s on the front cover of his book.

I was pleased to hear that Tony Abbott regards Andrew Bolt as "our greatest public intellectual". What an indictment!

Astounding.

Well, The Age in their wisdom has produced an article coined "The secret art of persuasion: Naked City's 12 most influential Victorians" written by John Silvester. At number two they give a lovely little write up for our very own serial rapist and murderer Adrian Bayley. I guess he's an influential victorian.....not sure we needed to be reminded of it.

Thats going to go over well with the waking public on a Saturday morning.

Other mentions on the list to keep the rapist and murderers company was, pig shock-jock Ross Stevenson, small person Alistair Clarkson, Stephen Dank (who?) and our favourite Caroline Wilson.

So…silver lining.

Still shaking my head over this article. Silvester is another journo spud who is puffed up with his own self importance. The Age doesn’t have long I reckon.

I was pleased to hear that Tony Abbott regards Andrew Bolt as "our greatest public intellectual". What an indictment!

I don’t know who this reflects worse upon - Abbott or Bolt!

Does it matter…neither of them is worth a c**t full of cold snow.

Abbott had a Rhodes scholarship too. Farking entitled idiots running this place…

It wouldn’t be cold for very long would it.

Abbott had a Rhodes scholarship too. Farking entitled idiots running this place…

Still half asleep and read that as Rodeo scholarship. Need coffee.

It occurs to me that whenever I hear that someone has acquired a Rhodes scholarship, that person is inevitably someone I dislike.

It occurs to me that whenever I hear that someone has acquired a Rhodes scholarship, that person is inevitable someone I dislike.

That’s because they are awarded by the establishment to the establishment. In the past it would have been people connected to people with money. Now it’s people connected politically.

It wouldn’t be cold for very long would it.

You obviously haven’t met some of the women I have.

More evidence of the continuing death of journalism come from today’s Age which had not one but two pieces of writing that should not pass in a primary school essay. These were in separate articles and on the front page no less:

“A bald pate with an often aloof demeanour, Mr Tian is…” Since when have we mistaken body parts for people?

Under the headline “7-11 Sprung…” the article with two (!) journos on the byline starts “7-11 has been sprung”. Since when is slang acceptable in a serious news report?

More evidence of the continuing death of the Age.

More evidence of the continuing death of journalism come from today's Age which had not one but two pieces of writing that should not pass in a primary school essay. These were in separate articles and on the front page no less:

“A bald pate with an often aloof demeanour, Mr Tian is…” Since when have we mistaken body parts for people?

Under the headline “7-11 Sprung…” the article with two (!) journos on the byline starts “7-11 has been sprung”. Since when is slang acceptable in a serious new report?

Are they installing spongy floors? I mean, if it’s good enough for the TVSC…
More evidence of the continuing death of journalism come from today's Age which had not one but two pieces of writing that should not pass in a primary school essay. These were in separate articles and on the front page no less:

Under the headline “7-11 Sprung…” the article with two (!) journos on the byline starts “7-11 has been sprung”. Since when is slang acceptable in a serious new report?

Can a death actually be ‘continuing’ though?
Perhaps you meant ‘continued dying’?
Or ‘continuing death throes’?
Was the pate chicken or duck?

Can a death actually be 'continuing' though? Perhaps you meant 'continued dying'? Or 'continuing death throes'? You haven't seen PeeWee Herman at the end of the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, I take it?
Can a death actually be 'continuing' though? Perhaps you meant 'continued dying'? Or 'continuing death throes'?
You haven't seen PeeWee Herman at the end of the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, I take it?

Well, there is that - I assume it is everlasting torment in Hades or something?

Can a death actually be 'continuing' though? Perhaps you meant 'continued dying'? Or 'continuing death throes'?
You haven't seen PeeWee Herman at the end of the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, I take it?

Is he dead?
Well, he was coughing up blood last night.