In memoriam. Australian Journalism. Judd Wept

I just keep seeing someone continually punching themselves in the face, … then going to their front door and screaming to the World, … "It farking hurts when I punch myself in the face!!"

There’s plenty of proper news sites that don’t clickbait with New Idea type drivel.

Nine Entertainment hosting a Liberal fundraiser which is largely graced by the Minerals Council of Australia, energy giants and banks. Nice to see they’re dispensing with the pretence of independence.

1 Like

I don’t think this thread can handle any more irony.

1 Like

Journalism has been dead for decades. All we have now is narrative control from the plutocrats and the corporate elites who own the majority of the MSM.

Chomsky and Herman’s Manufacturing Consent should be required reading for every student.

5 Likes

What an article. Famous bloke getting take away near some other place but not connected. :rofl:

6 Likes

Mind-boggling bad story. Utter rubbish.

Ok, Ihaven’t lived in Melbourne for a couple of years now, but why is there an article on Bec and Juddy EVERY friggin day on Nine.com?
That has to be the sign of the coming apocalypse

The bigger question is, why would anybody visit Nine.com ever, in the first place, … let alone doing it every fking day?

2 Likes

Sorry- just a nice free site to check on what’s going on back in OZ

1 Like

This was on the front page of the once respected The West Australian recently… The front page.

The editor, Anthony De Ceglie created a ‘morality crisis’ in order to justify publishing an image of a couple having sex in a public place on the Perth foreshore.

What a sleaze.

This newspaper has been around for well over 150 years but I reckon this effort was its lowest point over that period. Well done, T-Bag. You’ve tunneled lower than even Paul Armstrong thought possible.

Free copies of this trash were being handed out at my local servo last week. After politely declining the offer, I asked the shopkeep how many she had managed to offload during her shift and it had barely been a handful. Couldn’t even give them away.

4 Likes

you should try abc.net.au/news

Ad-free, bias-free and Judd-free. And free.

4 Likes

ABC also full of it IMO, as it peddles a lot of MSM rubbish. They just don’t try to sell stuff in their “news” reports like channel 7.

Anyway, last night channel 7 news when talking about the Israel Folau businnes called him “former AFL star”. What a bunch of farktards.

2 Likes

You’re kidding aren’t you? I have the ABC News app and it’s one of the first things I look at every day.

I don’t know why I bother. It is absolute rubbish. Everything is reduced to a human interest story that aims at producing sobs or cheers; every second item is labelled “analysis” or “opinion” (I’m yet to work out what the difference is); there’s virtually nothing international; it’s endlessly self-promoting. I also have the BBC news app; the difference in quality couldn’t be more extreme.

The best Australian news source is SBS news. That now does what the ABC used to do: straight reporting of the local and international news.

You are exaggerating. The top 8 stories right now on their web site are:

-Albanese on bushfires
-White Island volcano update with another death
-Ken Henry on the Libs not accepting his tax reform report
-two more stories on bushfires in SA and NSW
-streaming companies locking up movie rights (yes, this one is labelled opinion)
-John Cain’s passing
-a Chinese supplier using prison labour (also reported on the Guardian site)

So 1 in 8 is opinion; none is human interest; no self promotion.

That’s not what I have.

1 is the fires - news
2 Volcano death - news
3 John Cain - news
4 Individual human interest story about one fire incident
5 Netflix v DVDs - speculation about streaming services
6 Ken Henry complaining- not news
7 Chinese supplier - news
8 Speculation about Boxing Day pitch.

I rest my case. Those are the top 8 “events” happening in Australia and the world, according to the ABC

And neither of those is what I have.

Must have meant more for the 99% and less for Gina et al …

Since it was taking over by 9

Clarkeson … https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/jeremy-clarkson-says-god-didnt-want-people-to-live-in-australia/news-story/5b3baee3c5b5825c788c7c00070ccdcc

maybe @scottyfrommarketing could hire him for some stand up at the office party.
Tone deaf to the max