In memoriam. Australian Journalism. Judd Wept

“Disabled teen instructed to perform sex act on school bus by another student”

That is terrible.

He could have burnt his old fella on the bus’ exhaust pipe.

10.00am What would Australia have liked after winning the toss at the SCG? A score of 3 for 365 would be right up there. They have controlled this Test, and the pace of the game, forcing Pakistan into a corner from where they can only run away from, if they fight like hell. Welcome to the second day from Sydney.

"Disabled teen instructed to perform sex act on school bus by another student"

That is terrible.

He could have burnt his old fella on the bus’ exhaust pipe.

‘Exhaust’, eh?
Kinky.

Live crosses to hospitals.

The Age today “Three pedestrianshit by car near Geelong foreshore” :slight_smile:

The Age today "Three pedestrianshit by car near Geelong foreshore" :)

Reporting has really gone down the toilet.

The Age today "Three pedestrianshit by car near Geelong foreshore" :)

Reporting has really gone down the toilet.

Sewer few of them then.

They’re not flush with money any more. Though.

Some of these turdds are shitt.

Sorry, I meant “puns are shitt” …

Just clicked back on to the article “Shameful hounding of James Hird has taken a terrible toll, says Graham Cornes”
Surprisingly all the comments (most of them none too flattering) have disappeared.

Just clicked back on to the article "Shameful hounding of James Hird has taken a terrible toll, says Graham Cornes" Surprisingly all the comments (most of them none too flattering) have disappeared.

Comments…blackboard for the unwashed more like it.

Herald Sun has a nice article on Kobe Mutch today. “Bomber champion guiding Mutch” A story about Kobe being mentored by Jobe. How’d do you think the comments would go on that story. Of what purpose would be to make the comments box open for such a small story on a late draft pick?

It’s obviously these online news organisations selectively open comment boxes on stories they want to stir up trouble and close them on stories they are compelled to report on yet want to go away…like negative stories on the Murdochs. Ever seen a comment box open on a Murdoch story?

Ahhh comments up and running for the Alan Hird story on the rAge site. Why? So the bullys and AFL PR machine can get a mouth piece while hiding in their anonymity.

Who’d admit being a “journalist” or work in “news” these days eh? May as well tell people you’re a convicted con man. Less shame in that.

“The reason Sasha Obama missed her father’s final speech as President”

“The real reason Sasha Obama missed her father’s final speech as President”

I saw this on the tv news tonight. She missed cause she had exams the next day. Crazy headlines though. They aren’t even hiding clickbait.

Daily Mail/news at it again.

Fatprick Smith reaches a new low, even for him, by justifying his previous article, the uncalled for (yet again) attack on Hird. The sooner this piece of ■■■■ is put out of work the better.

I just watched the Amanda Knox doco on netflix. At the end a journalist who covered the story says words to the effect “People say it was trial by media and yeah looking back we printed some crazy, ridiculous stuff, but i dont buy it, l mean the demand for stories was intense and you cant expect us to verify everything we print. A lot of the stuff, how would you verify it, and besides if we took our time we would risk someone else breaking the story first.”
Well having a strong interest in a case doesn’t mean i don’t care if the story is not true. And it used to be if u can’t verify from different sources you don’t print. But that is obviously not the case anymore, the thirst for content now overides all other considerations.

I just watched the Amanda Knox doco on netflix. At the end a journalist who covered the story says words to the effect "People say it was trial by media and yeah looking back we printed some crazy, ridiculous stuff, but i dont buy it, l mean the demand for stories was intense and you cant expect us to verify everything we print. A lot of the stuff, how would you verify it, and besides if we took our time we would risk someone else breaking the story first." Well having a strong interest in a case doesn't mean i don't care if the story is not true. And it used to be if u can't verify from different sources you don't print. But that is obviously not the case anymore, the thirst for content now overides all other considerations.

MSM is not journalism, and hasn’t been for a long time.

I just watched the Amanda Knox doco on netflix. At the end a journalist who covered the story says words to the effect "People say it was trial by media and yeah looking back we printed some crazy, ridiculous stuff, but i dont buy it, l mean the demand for stories was intense and you cant expect us to verify everything we print. A lot of the stuff, how would you verify it, and besides if we took our time we would risk someone else breaking the story first." Well having a strong interest in a case doesn't mean i don't care if the story is not true. And it used to be if u can't verify from different sources you don't print. But that is obviously not the case anymore, the thirst for content now overides all other considerations.
I recently saw that show and thought the same thing, as that quote really stood out.

A certain witch, SWMNBN, once said it would be happy to have a story about 80% correct and be first, rather then be 100% correct and be second. The readers, of course, wouldn’t know which 20% was lies, and probably it wouldn’t know either.

I recently saw that show and thought the same thing, as that quote really stood out.

A certain witch, SWMNBN, once said it would be happy to have a story about 80% correct and be first, rather then be 100% correct and be second. The readers, of course, wouldn’t know which 20% was lies, and probably it wouldn’t know either.

She also said it is her job to tell the public things they may not want to hear. Seems she’s stuck true to that mo, to the degree she’ll make stuff up in its name. She’s a real Black panther that one. So brave to hide behind a credo that justifies blatant sensationalism.