The Cricket Thread (part 5) - from March 2023

No.

Grab a beer!

1 Like

Great win. Absolutely fantastic fightback. I wouldn’t get carried away by Smith’s captaincy just yet though…

2 Likes

Perhaps a better question would be: When will Warner announce his retirement? It is apparent that he will need to be pushed, as he is incapable of taking the hint that he should hang up the gloves.

4 Likes

India need to work out what to do now, they will still want to win the last test - they are not guaranteed a place in the WTC Final, but rank turners do not guarantee that for them now. A draw does not help them a great deal, because it’s only 4 WTC points. Oh the butt hurt in what to instruct the curator at Ahmedabad!

2 Likes

Travis Head has secured career tours of the subcontinent with that knock. Just fuggin brilliant

1 Like

Amazing turnaround given they were all over us the first then overs or so.

BCCI ordering the drop in MCG pitch as we speak.

Candice Warner was on the back page when asked about it she’s fired up about it, the only way he leaves the team is kicking and screaming

2 Likes

That is about what l figured. Looks like he will need to be shot out of the cannon, as he won’t bite the bullet.

1 Like

Warner is becoming less and less relevant the longer time goes on. Is it really worth doing a Prince Harry?

A few random thoughts.

-It’s become very common the past few years for teams batting second to win, when before that it was mostly win toss and win.

-Ended up being a paddlin, I predicted us to pinch 1 win this series but that was a smacking.

-Lol at the Indian comms repeatedly bleating about the ball being changed (when India instigated it too) after Trav started slapping it around.

-Only the third test defeat for India at home in a decade plus, gotta respect that.

-After rubbing one out to that great win, post nut clarity sets in and I can’t help but lament how we have muffed this series. This series absolutely was winnable if we prepared properly and nailed our selections and strategy.

7 Likes

That farken collapse in Delhi. We’d have been favourites for the series had we shown just an ounce of ticker instead of the panicky shitshow that ensued.

5 Likes

The Cricket Thread (part 4) - from Boxing Day 2022 - #10001 by micinbeijing196):

There are 21 active test venues in India

1 Like

Netan has set a low bar

Fair start to Spencer Johnson’s SS career.
On debut he had figures of 0/26 & 6/87 and then then today he nabs 7/47

3 Likes

So the threat of a venue losing the right to host test matches for a year means ■■■■ all

2 Likes

What were the circumstances of Daniel Hughes retired out. Haven’t heard of anything like that for a while, except in warm-up games oe exhibition games.

And someone needs to work out who Travis Dean has photos of…failed again while Short is 81*. And while I’m bagging the Vics’ admin, why would youwant to bring Siddle back? O’Neill and Perry are promising and then you have Elliott, Couch and not forgetting Boland. Boland should be able to provide the experience Siddle can…and he’s not a vegan.

3 Likes

He tore his calf badly going for a single. A real shame for him as I had heard that he was going to get a call up to India for the ODI’s

It said “retired out” on the scorecard i saw but “retired hurt” on cricket.com.au

Relatively sharp as well