The Cricket Thread

Lyon to J Yadav, OUT, there it is. Australia complete a sensational 333-run win. Slow through the air, saw Jayant coming, dragged that length back, allowed the ball room to turn. It did, hit the glove and lobbed up for the keeper to take. The umpire’s finger went up almost instantaneously. But there was no glove on that. Just pad. India don’t have reviews left.

hahaha, screw India!

Set for a good weekend now. I’m grumpy when the aussies lose

WTF! Starc named MOM.

Starc MOTM WTF???

lol. Starc was second best, but no way was so’k not MOTM

Starc looked embarrassed to accept the award.

WTF! Starc named MOM.

Guess Warne was the judge.

cricinfo: “Steve O’Keefe is the Man of the Match”
what’s going on?

SOK was man of the match? What award did Starc win?

The sweetest victory of all for the true believers.
(Sorry Paul)

Windy Dill trolling?

Starc was awarded a player of the match award by some sponsor. But they then also have the main man of the match which SOK won. Bit weird.

cricinfo: “My first six wickets was ordinary, I had to change it up quickly”

• first six overs maybe?

Starc was the “bankable player of the match” not MOTM.
Whatever that means.
O’Keefe, of course, was MOTM

Starc was the "bankable player of the match" not MOTM. Whatever that means. O'Keefe, of course, was MOTM
Yeah, saw that. Bit strange

Sorry to harp on this, but just loving the irony of the dodgy pitch bringing about their undoing. A classic case of “the biter bit” !!
Bet there’ll be a lot more said about this in the next few days. Can’t wait!

Sorry to harp on this, but just loving the irony of the dodgy pitch bringing about their undoing.

And oh how extraordinarily sweet it is. Doubly so because they didn’t rate our spinners especially.

I’ve been critical in the past of the Aus Test side’s arrogance, but crikeys they have nothing on the Indians. NOTHING.

I love the fact that they were so horrible with the DRS. Most of their reviews were horrid and having used them all up they couldn’t get some of their howlers overturned lol

Problem with producing a dodgy pitch like that is of you lose the toss you are way behind the 8-ball