The Cricket Thread

We didn't lose another wicket on our way to chasing QLD down. Cooper 119no, Lehmann 78no
Boof Jnr is progressing well. Any talk about him for Test selection? Seems Head is the next guy talked about

Would think to push for Aus selection he has to go up the order. Would think that Ferguson will be gone at the end of the year and Lehmann can push up to 4

I’m surprised to hear that they’d be moving Ferguson on. Is there a story there? I don’t rate him, but he’s handy at First Class level.

Have heard that he may be heading to Tassie next season

We didn't lose another wicket on our way to chasing QLD down. Cooper 119no, Lehmann 78no
Boof Jnr is progressing well. Any talk about him for Test selection? Seems Head is the next guy talked about

Would think to push for Aus selection he has to go up the order. Would think that Ferguson will be gone at the end of the year and Lehmann can push up to 4

I’m surprised to hear that they’d be moving Ferguson on. Is there a story there? I don’t rate him, but he’s handy at First Class level.

Perhaps he’ll call it a day? His chances of playing another test are probably zero, and he might lack the inspiration to go on.

Hasn’t stopped others: Doolan, Cowan, Quiney etc (Actually, not sure about Quiney)

I might be understating him but I think he’s had 3 or 4 really good seasons and a lot of really mediocre seasons.

Perhaps he’ll call it a day? His chances of playing another test are probably zero, and he might lack the inspiration to go on.

Pity Head isn't in India atm. He would be a far better bet at number 6 than M. Marsh. His batting is very promising and he is a handy bowler. Not tested at test level as yet, but would be worth a trial to find out. Currently MM is not quiet up to the standard required with the bat for a number 6.

Head hasn’t been great in the last couple of shield matches. Double failure in this game?
I’d rather not damage his confidence in India and perhaps consider him for the Ashes series.

Yeah Head failed both innings, I really wished he was playing grade cricket over here in the lead up rather than the T20 series, he always comes back rubbish after the shorter form

Pity Head isn't in India atm. He would be a far better bet at number 6 than M. Marsh. His batting is very promising and he is a handy bowler. Not tested at test level as yet, but would be worth a trial to find out. Currently MM is not quiet up to the standard required with the bat for a number 6.

Head hasn’t been great in the last couple of shield matches. Double failure in this game?
I’d rather not damage his confidence in India and perhaps consider him for the Ashes series.

We didn’t lose another wicket on our way to chasing QLD down. Cooper 119no, Lehmann 78no

Why do the Vics perform poorly after the January break? Happens regularly.

Victoria has won around 4 titles in the last 8 years - Reckon this shows they must play OK after XMAS.

Yes, that’s true they have won titles but their performances when the bbl break ends is in stark contrast to form prior. They take a few matches to find their feet and play at a decent level.
It might cost them a home final.

a draw would be a good result for NSW if they can manage it. Pretty good effort considering NSW just bowled out India for 100 in both innings.

Victoria has won around 4 titles in the last 8 years - Reckon this shows they must play OK after XMAS.

I blame the BBL

I blame the Behrendorff

I blame the BBL

I know why I do.

An insider told Indian media the lengths the home side went to have the pitch engineered to favour the home side’s three-pronged spin attack.
The insider claimed the ground staff at the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium (MCA) were ordered to prepare a “rank turner” by team management.
“When the MCA refused … the senior member of the team management took the issue to the state association curator Pandurang Salgaoncar,” the MCA member told the Indian Express. “When he too resisted, the matter was placed before the BCCI curators (Parsana and Daljit), but even they were a tad reluctant. Then, the BCCI management (not the Committee of Administrators, the cricket board employees) came into the picture. The ground staff had been ordered to remove the grass completely. Things were hijacked from the local curators.”

So, the Indian team itself got exactly the pitch it wanted. Sounds like they have everything in hand.

George Bailey 200 not out to lead Tassie to a 250-run lead in the Gong.

Simon Milenko continues his outstanding batting form with 87 at #8