The difference a day makes

Saturdays feeling around the ASADA thread seemed to be one of doom and gloom and probably rightly so.

Then comes Saturday night. Starts with our chairman fronting the so called  'experts' on live tv and putting us somewhat at ease,I felt. Then comes the game. Pretty scrappy. Definetly not one for the skills highlights at the end of the season. But then the last quarter and then the last few seconds. Farking brilliant.

And then the wait for the live interview with the coach. I reckon the 'experts' were waiting to get some sort of payback after playing second fiddle to Little. But what a performance from Hirdy. Puts them all to shame,

Sunday, and theres definetly a more positive vibe going around on BB.

We might get slaughtered at the commission on Monday but we can go with our heads held high.

Saturday evening was brilliant. The entree with Chairman Little on the front foot playing with a straight bat against the so called ‘experts’. Then came the main course, beating Carlton in a close one and seeing Little’s emotional hugs with the players. Rounding off the evening with Hirdys commanding performance at the post game as dessert. I don’t think any Essendon fan could have asked for more, certainly not from me anyway.

I was as flat as i have been throughout this whole thing yesterday before the game. By the end of the game i was hugging everyone around me. Have never been so happy to be squashed in a hot train like a sardine.

What a night! Can't wait to watch the replay.

I was as flat as i have been throughout this whole thing yesterday before the game. By the end of the game i was hugging everyone around me. Have never been so happy to be squashed in a hot train like a sardine.

What a night! Can't wait to watch the replay.

Same. Didn't want to go last night. Dragged Snra Humberta and Humberto junior along for the ride. This sounds like a bunch of hyperbole but it was life changing. Humberto junior was at best 50/50 on footy but this was the game that won him over. To hear him say at the end of the game ... "how have Carlton won 16 premierships? You can see that we're WAY better. They can't even kick straight but APPARENTLY they've won 16 premierships .... ". And then to see his face light up when we encountered the grog squad chanting anti-Carlton stuff on the way home. The indoctrination is nearing its final stages :)