The Dog Thread

OH Mackster, so saddened by your news. Condolences to you and your family losing much loved family member Floyd.

:disappointed_relieved:

RIP Floyd you beautiful boy. You were/are much loved.

1 Like

Thanks everyone- survived the brain tumour then got Geriatric Vestibular Disease and was battling that and had made progress from crashing to his left side to being able to stand again. Got home from work yesterday and he was happy, wagging his tail and tried to stand up and walk to me but fell. Then went downhill in the space of 3 hours - ended up with bacteria in the blood and started to suffer. For anyone having to face euthanasing their dog - I found it quite a peaceful and he just went to sleep.

9 Likes

Oh Mackster, :disappointed_relieved:

I’m so sorry you lost him but glad it was peaceful . Sounds like you had a great partnership. RIP Floyd.

1 Like

RIP Floyd.

1 Like

Sorry to hear my friend, it’s one of the hardest things you’ll have to bear in losing a best friend. RIP.

1 Like

Our old Dobe had vestibular also. Left turn only! He recovered fortunately but developed bone cancer. Understand what you mean by it being a peaceful way to pass. Such special friends- forever in our hearts.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about Floyd, can certainly sympathize with how harrowing it is.

Currently awaiting some test results for one of my little ones (a cavalier cross), but suspicion is malignant lymphoma. If so, it has spread to the brain so is a matter of ensuring he doesn’t suffer too much. Still eating and drinking currently, just awfully unbalanced the poor thing.

But currently in that state of every time he wags his tail, or comes up for a pat it absolutely breaks my heart knowing it could soon be coming to an end. He was a dog originally I was against getting (already had hands full with two others!) but the moment I actually met him, it was love at first sight.

6 Likes

If it is a tumour, hoping for you that it’s a meningioma. Wish I’d had Floyd done earlier as he recovered from it surprisingly easy.

Nope, worst possible news today. Inoperable and not treatable, Prognosis is weeks to a month or two, fingers crossed for a bit longer. One of those things, considering the endless happiness he has brought me, doesn’t seem justified or fair. I think, from the people I have spoken to, irrespective of the situation that is always the feeling.

But now to ensure his final days are his best and he goes happy and peacefully.

8 Likes

So sorry to hear that Chris.

Nothing anyone can say will make it easier but it sounds like you have exactly the right attitude. Pack as much love as you can into the months ahead.

4 Likes

I wish you all the best.
Life is just so unfair sometimes.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear your news- you’re right, it’s not fair. Your love and care will be appreciated by your best friend.

1 Like

Big day for my little one today. Off for an major ear operation.

1 Like

good luck! hope it all goes well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good luck from me too! Hoping for a successful op & a quick recovery.

1 Like

Little Miranda’s op seemed to go well. She’s up and about at vets and is apparently the life of the party. She’s stopping one night just to keep an eye on.

Good result it seems

13 Likes

get her some 24 nuggs scotty.

1 Like

Na, she likes the chicken tenders