The Dog Thread

3 Likes

They’re both gorgeous Mex. Fletcher has grown heaps! Understand totally about getting them both to sit together - had 4 dogs at once years ago and have many photos of them where one is looking away or getting up… not many of them sitting together!

3 Likes

They’re great personalities.

Bella is starting to slow down a bit unfortunately but in my experience Boxers don’t have the longest lifespan. 9 is the oldest one my family have had. Sadly.

Fletch is developing nicely. Fingers crossed his hips hold up and no snakes or ticks get him around here.

Although he has just pulled out an avocado tree I have been growing from a seed and keeps dragging our bananas down to get the fruit.

4 Likes

■■■■ Carlton

16 Likes

Hahaha! Laughed when I read that - can add to that list… chewed hose off tap every single day so we had the tap fitting raised to above our head height! Ate his way into a tin of Pal - chewed through the outside! Opened the fridge with his nose & helped himself to the goodies in there… caught him with a dozen eggs in a carton once! Ran through our glass door without blinking - must add that he was perfectly fine. We also had 2 & they were puppies til old age but we loved them & they made us laugh every single day.

5 Likes

What a face! Gorgeous!

3 Likes

The cars are a long way away

Awesome. The smartest dog I’ve owned was a BC.
I’ll reserve judgement on Fletch for now but he’s pretty cluey as well

1 Like

My wife’s Shiba was the most neurotic dog I’ve ever seen. Open a dvd case and she would be cowering in the corner. She’s gotten better but still has some strange traits. And after 8 years she still often ignore me; my wife is her boss and she knows it. This is Lucy, she’s 12 yrs old now:

Around Xmas time last year we took in a Foster dog from YAPS for a few weeks. Beautiful girl, very loving and affectionate but also very timid and petrified of men. We had her for 2 weeks but after she was returned we determined that, given her temperament, she’d struggle getting adopted. We took her in. A few teething issues but she’s settled in really well. A 7 Yr old cattle x cross called Sala, she’s part of the family now (along with a couple of puddy cats we adopted after being abandoned as kittens).

13 Likes

Gorgeous looking dog Nic!

2 Likes

My wife is my boss and she knows it, sadly.

Great looking Dogs!

1 Like

Here’s my contribution, my delightful German Shepherd doge, now 10 years old… some are back from when she was a pupper! :heart_eyes:

millie3

millie4

Grown up now, her with her bestie (sisters dog)…

15 Likes

Brilliant, mate. She is lovely.

Of the three G Shepherds we had over the journey, Sheba, (our female) was the most affectionate (and the biggest wuss). The two males were great, but were quite a handful early on.

2 Likes

My Dog is a massive wuss but very playful even still. Casually strolled over to the neighbours once because they were having a BBQ so they threw her a sausage and she walked back happily with one.

She literally jumps for joy and sprints around happily when she hears the word “walk” and sits patiently near the leash hanging up, and is very well behaved, I’d only have to have said “go back in” and she’ll slowly stroll back inside or I’l let her off the lash to run back inside from the driveway but she’ll wait near the gate to make sure I’m still coming. Very, very smart.

3 Likes

Marshall our Black Lab is now 8 and likes eating our leather couch, see the tape on the arms.

When he was a pup and I was the local Mayor, I left him in the car and he ate the steering wheel and handbrake on the Mayors car.

16 Likes

Precious. :blush:

Hahaha! That’s one way to make sure you don’t leave him behind again :+1::blush:
He’s beautiful!

Reminds me of our Dobe who would wait by the door to the house if we were going out in the car, to make sure we were both going.

1 Like

Angus, our four year old Cairn Terrier, very tired after a long walk. He is completely spoiled.

11 Likes

How cute! It’s already able to take down a zebra!

4 Likes