The Dog Thread

Don’t they need lots of exercise? And can get destructive if bored?

Yes and yes… they also don’t like being left alone. The more I think about it the more I’d go with a greyhound.

1 Like

Neighbours took on a failed racing greyhound - developed its own racing circuit in the backyard, wrecked the garden. Otherwise, a lovely dog, if not as child friendly as a Labrador.

1 Like

Labs drop lots of hair.
Get a poodle

would you consider two dogs? they’d keep each other company during the day then!

5 Likes

Yes!

3 Likes

so I guess then the next question is are you looking at going with puppies, or perhaps older dogs that need new homes? Puppies are great, but lots of work, and if you’ve already got young kids, that could be a deal breaker!

I would prefer a rescue dog/s. I like the idea of giving a dog a new home.

11 Likes

Maybe contact some of your local shelters/rescue places and let them know your interest - sometimes there are situations where two dogs are surrendered together and would ideally stay together :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only issue with greyhounds is lack of legal off lead options. They aren’t meant to be off lead even in off lead parks. We nearly got one and only found this out later.

some states and territories have compulsory muzzling for greyhounds in public too.

I looked after a greyhound one time that was such a couch potato, she didn’t like going on walks at all!

1 Like

Wheaten

Great temperament - see earlier post this thread of 1 year old hanging t-shirt over Floyd’s head

Don’t shed - no fur on couches.

Don’t smell - self explained - live inside with you no probs

Happy just to be around you

Not too big

6 Likes

What’s Whetan’s breed.?

He is gorgeous

See my photos above. Labs are great, but so so sooooooo destructive.

1 Like

For the first 12 months, then they usually can’t be bothered digging and chewing

I looked it up, and for that reason, but also and mainly, the “Don’t shed” reason.

They’re called “Wheaten Terriers”

1 Like

Tell mine that.

I must be lucky to have a VERY placid and chilled lab.

Had a small nibble on a pair of work boots and some wooden window sills.

Only destroyed one door mat and one piece of washing when he was a pup.

But Jeezuz they’re Ugly as Puppies, … :wink:

2 Likes