The Dog Thread

Those paws :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Wowā€¦beautiful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My brother had one of those. He weighed in at about 45kg when he was about 2 (hence why his name was Maximus). Great with the kids and very easy-going. Sadly he developed a tumour in his nose that got into his brain and died quite suddenly.

I have an 11-year old chocolate lab named Bear who is the happiest, gentlest dog going around. Weā€™ve just started getting him Cartrophin injections as he was showing the signs of arthritis. It makes a massive difference and he runs around like heā€™s a pup again. Needs an injection every couple of months, but they donā€™t cost much, so happy to do it.

1 Like

Taviā€™s 1st friend at the park is a chocolate lab about the same age. Has the best temperament and great for my lil guy getting his feet at the park. Sad to hear about Maximus. Hereā€™s some more pics.

9 Likes

Heā€™s glorious!

1 Like

Could nearly pass as a red panda bear in that close up. Gorgeous.

1 Like

Yep. Came for the chat about my Bombers but stayed for the dog thread. :dog:

1 Like

Peanut was born on June 30th 2002.
We brought her home a few months later.

She is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel x with a Jack Russell.
Beautifully natured, loving family pet.
My son was born 8 months later, so they have grown up together.

I had never owned a dog before, but my wife had several times.
Though I was apprehensive about sharing the house with an animal that would likely pee and poo on the new carpets, and chew through expensive speaker wires, I relented when she said ā€œletā€™s get our own puppyā€.
Boy, am I glad I did.
I loved her so much.

The last 4-5 years she has slowed up quite a bit, naturally through older age, and carrying 20-30% more body weight than is ideal for a dog her size.
This pic was taken in Mayā€¦

Whilst I knew she may only have another year left, her last medical check up was all good, and the ex tells me that her general health has been reasonable.
Unfortunately, sheā€™s had a couple of bad nights sleep recently, and deteriorated quite badly Sunday morning.
The Vet told my ex a heart condition that could not be treated to provide any meaningful quality of life.
Apparently, it can come on quickly with Cavaliers.

There was no other choice really :disappointed_relieved:

Even though I havenā€™t lived with the puppy since 2005, I made it a point to show her as much love and affection every time I went to the house to pick up Jnr bltn.
She will be sadly missedā€¦

My son took this blurry pic after giving her a treat on Saturday afternoon just before we left for the game.

Whilst I noticed her breathing was a little more strained than usual, little did I know that 24hrs later, she would be with us no more.

I needed to share, and thank you for reading.

Pipi Gingerā€¦RIP

:cry:

16 Likes

Condolences bltn, to all of you.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear mate. Always sad.

1 Like

Feel your pain, man! Look after yourself and familyā€¦
Went through the same thing the previous weekend with our 16 year-old Shetland Sheepdog. Poor bugger had been partially blind, deaf, periodically lame & borderline incontinent for a while, but weā€™d worked a system which was manageable. All of a sudden (literally overnight) he started panting like it was the height of summer and bumping into things. Donā€™t know what was the cause - perhaps his sight had completely gone and he was royally freaked-out by it? Maybe his kidneys/heart were packing it in? Because he wouldnā€™t (couldnā€™t?) sleep overnight, he was soiling everywhere. I just knew it was sadly time - perhaps a vet could treat it, but to what end really?
The vet was honest enough. Told me that had it been a single complaint he may have tried to talk me out of it, but given it was a multitude of thingsā€¦
I went through it not long ago with our other dog. Doesnā€™t make it easier - it still burns like a motherfarkerā€¦
Iā€™m just glad our child is too young to really take it in.
Itā€™s weird being pet-free again - donā€™t much like itā€¦

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Must be hard for your boy as heā€™s never known anything else. Thanks for sharing her story.

3 Likes

Hugs

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss bltn, my condolences to you and your family.

ā€˜I needed to share, and thank you for readingā€™. Thank you for sharing, not easy.

So, so hard losing a loved one. Take care of yourselves especially your hearts, they get hurt so badly in loss.

RIP Pipi Ginger, you sweet girl.

1 Like

Beautiful little girl. So sad. Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

:cry:

1 Like

It certainly does.

My condolences BAAKKEERRRR on the loss of your dogs

4 Likes

Hugs

1 Like

x2.

2 Likes