The Don't Argue

I don’t think that would quite work while running at full pelt at tangents to each other.

Not the whole thing in all situations, but the hand grip would, on its own, lend itself to more situations. The video is supposed to be an indication and in any case, there are many variants that could be applied.

Just grab the farker by the arm and drag him down.

5 Likes

Play on…

7 Likes

I hope he breaks his arm in multiple places.

1 Like

It’s beyound me how 1. He gets away with bead high contact and 2. How someone he does this too doesn’t just take a 2-3 week holiday and break his ■■■■■■■ jaw. Bogan scum bag piece of ■■■■.

There’s rules for him/Franklin and then a different version for everyone else

James Stewart fended Harry Taylor right in the face in our game against Geelong, play on. Don’t fool yourself into thinking the Umps don’t miss 90% of high fend offs. It’s exciting, it looks good on TV and like a bloke running 35m to kick a goal without having a bounce, they’re more than happy to let it go.

2 Likes

So is it appropriate to employ the chicken wing tackle in response?

It’ll take a serious finger to the eye and long term damage to a player for this to be looked at.

The fend off is in vogue. It breaks up congestion, creates more goals, and the commentators get excited about it.

I remember when I was umpiring about 10-15 years ago, the AFL sent a bunch of footage that they wanted umpires to be on top of. The fend off to the face was red hot for a few years. Granted it didn’t happen often. But when it did you’d have the whistle in your mouth looking for a push in the face.
As it was assumed by players that they could do what they wanted to the opposition, while they had the ball.

I think if Essendon start implementing in their game plan we may have a case for it being banned.

1 Like

People just have to start whacking his arm away, 3-4 good shots at it in the first and his arm will be dead for the rest of the game.

“Contact was deliberate, to the body, and medium impact. One week with an early plea.”

Haha, yeah the AFL would probably do that!