The EFC Board

I think you mean AGM, not EGM.  AGM = Annual General Meeting.  EGM???

I'd be more interested in a change of the Board, if I hadn't seen the previous ones we've had.
I'm not sure why we will 'magically' get a better one this time. Just because every man and his dog reckons they would have handled this better, doesn't mean they would have. It's a pretty unique situation we found ourselves in.
This doesn't mean I'm a fan of the current administration. I'm not. But I see no need to turf them now before this rubbish is done.
They can live or die by how this finishes.

I was hoping this thread wouldn't turn into a ■■■■■ session about the current board.
At least there are a few people who are being reasonable on the first page of this thread.
Yours and Wimmera's post are roughly where I'm at. Last night was just the tipping point. If Hird was coach next year and all was good, he would have been there. The board had three weeks to clear as much up as possible from our last game to the B&F and they failed miserably.
My problem is the same as yours though. Do I trust a new board to be any better. Would a new board wipe out a majority of current staff and build a new 'culture'? Who knows?
Can you clear the current board and have an 'open tender' for new members?
The thought never crossed my mind as it's such a 'Richmond' thing to do but that just highlights the lack of trust I have in this current board.
BTW...
No, I do not think I could do a better job. This club has had to deal with ■■■■■ that no other club in the history of the league has ever had to deal with.

I think you mean AGM, not EGM.  AGM = Annual General Meeting.  EGM???

EGM = Extraordinary General Meeting. 

What was the "leak to Wilson" today?

People are looking for someone or somebody to blame, and rather than blame the govt, AFL, Asada, media, we are starting to turn on ourselves.

Management at the club hasn't been great, but that happens when you lose a CEO, a football manager, a chairman etc.

Xaveir Campbell is very new to his role (which was empty since Robson left 12 months ago) but essentially he is now the one to take charge of everything and how the club is run, though he is answerable to the board.

Little is only one bloke on the board, and I guess he offers guidance to the rest of them but even he can't do anything like sack Hird or agree to anything  like penalties or what not without the approval of a significant portion of the board.

Sponsorships and memberships seem to have been managed well. We have also moved into state of the art facilities, which successful fundraising has helped.

People complain about Evan's not fighting, then they complain about Little wasting money on legal fees, then they complain about him not fighting enough, they complain he should've sacked Hird but that he shouldn't sack him now, or they should if Hird agrees to it but not if he doesn't.

Aside from the issue of who the fark is going to coach us next year (and it seems we have 2 pretty good options), what exactly has the board done wrong. If you want to complain about the ASAGA handling, I don't think it's their fault. What should they have done? Don't forget that the stakes were extremely high, and their goal was the long term survival of the club when the worst possible scenario was being taken out of the competition for 2 years.

What was originally "You've been bad bad we'll only get a slap opn the wrist" has turned into "You've hardly done anything but you're in deep sh*t". How were they to know the conspiracy against them? Even now it's hard to say what they should have done, since they didn't and still don't know what evidence there is against them.

Sure, they should have to answer questions and  be held accountable, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions and assume anyone else could do it better.

What was the "leak to Wilson" today?

Going by her article, unless she's flat out lying, it's been leaked to her that Hird was given severance docs and asked to make his decision overnight.

This has been updated so is less emphatic tan it was when originally posted:

UPDATE: James Hird will be removed as coach of Essendon in the coming days, with the first stage of his removal having taken place on Wednesday when the outgoing club legend was given the opportunity to resign with a nominal payout or be sacked.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/james-hird-will-be-removed-as-essendon-coach-in-coming-days-20141002-10p3bn.html#ixzz3ExzeNvbI

Sheedys exit was poor. Knights was treated horribly. And now this. We are being run by a John Howard lookalike who can’t speak English properly and doesn’t know some of the younger players names.

Bomber gave Little a big tick last night though. I would like Little to have a chance at running the joint without the ASADA crap hanging over us, but I think there may be some board members who need weeding out.

Oh. And Little needs to take a public speaking course.

They have to go.

Last night was the cherry on top of a farce that has lasted two years.
The leak to Wilson today was the dusting of chocalate.

Forget Hird, that's another argument.

The management and public relations of the EFC has been an utter disgrace for two years.

The lot need to go, or at the very ******* least argue why they should stay.

Retention of sponsors.  I'll give them that.

I'm speaking only for myself here, but I am absolutely on a knife edge with this club.

As it stands, I haven't left them.  They've left me.

Maybe they'll come back, maybe they won't.  It's really outside my control.

I am out of likes, but this is spot on - well said, Wim!

To other posters, the thread title is the BOARD.

Not just Little. Maybe Little could and would have done a better job if he had better support from the Board. Who knows? 

Bu the WHOLE Board needs to be accountable, not just its Chairman.

I don't usually start topics but think we should have one separate from the ASAGA and Bomber Thompson threads.
I am annoyed at their performance over the last six years as most people would be here. I see a petition for an EGM has been formed (whoever posted it, please post it in here for reference).

You will find it and the Letter to Members here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t7858bekk43p0ti/AADyvKJQKQfMKMOih_zXzWqJa?dl=0

The EGM provides an excellent opportunity for the members not only to find out who the Board members actually are (!) but more importantly where they stand on the issues that have been ■■■■■■■ the club for the last 2 years, and where stand on supporting one of the Legends of the Club.

Then members can decide for themselves whether they should be voted back in at the AGM.

If we get rid of little his millions go too....
Ffs.
He has done a lot for this club under crazy conditions. People should take a farken walk and read a book for a few weeks.

He did a sit down interview with SWMNBN. For that reason alone.

And I'm not sure if I'm being flippant here or deadly serious...

He also gave her one of our press conferences, which she had a story up about online before he gave it.

And that story still crucified us by the way. Doing what the bully tells you to does not stop them bullying you; it encourages them.

I don't hate Little though (unless he tries to oust Hird in which case he has to go).

The board. You ask us to be positive. I just can't do that about a board which is leaking to Caroline Wilson to damage James Hird FFS!

Our options are we force them to state support or otherwise for Hird in public then vote out the ones that don't support him.

Clean them out.

And BTW, Hird wasn't managing "governance" at EFC in 2012. A coach doesn't do that.

Sheedys exit was poor. Knights was treated horribly. And now this. We are being run by a John Howard lookalike who can't speak English properly and doesn't know some of the younger players names.
Bomber gave Little a big tick last night though. I would like Little to have a chance at running the joint without the ASADA crap hanging over us, but I think there may be some board members who need weeding out.

He may look like John Howard and occasionally stumble when speaking in public but his business acumen cannot be denied. We could do much worse I reckon. That being said, a clean slate might be required.

I think we just need to cleanout the rest of the board, put in some people with experience in transparency. In bomber's speech he spoke about the club being more transparent, to me it was only the football department being transparent. Not the board.

Sheedys exit was poor. Knights was treated horribly. And now this. We are being run by a John Howard lookalike who can't speak English properly and doesn't know some of the younger players names.

He may look like John Howard and occasionally stumble when speaking in public but his business acumen cannot be denied. We could do much worse I reckon. That being said, a clean slate might be required.

The past two years hasn't been about business.

It's been about politics and media.

If we get rid of little his millions go too....
Ffs.
He has done a lot for this club under crazy conditions. People should take a farken walk and read a book for a few weeks.

He did a sit down interview with SWMNBN. For that reason alone.

And I'm not sure if I'm being flippant here or deadly serious...

He also gave her one of our press conferences, which she had a story up about online before he gave it.

And that story still crucified us by the way. Doing what the bully tells you to does not stop them bullying you; it encourages them.

I don't hate Little though (unless he tries to oust Hird in which case he has to go).

The board. You ask us to be positive. I just can't do that about a board which is leaking to Caroline Wilson to damage James Hird FFS!

Our options are we force them to state support or otherwise for Hird in public then vote out the ones that don't support him.

Clean them out.

And BTW, Hird wasn't managing "governance" at EFC in 2012. A coach doesn't do that.

Yep, thats robson, evans and the board. not a fkg coach.

They have to go.

Last night was the cherry on top of a farce that has lasted two years.
The leak to Wilson today was the dusting of chocalate.

Forget Hird, that's another argument.

The management and public relations of the EFC has been an utter disgrace for two years.

The lot need to go, or at the very ******* least argue why they should stay.

Retention of sponsors.  I'll give them that.

I'm speaking only for myself here, but I am absolutely on a knife edge with this club.

As it stands, I haven't left them.  They've left me.

Maybe they'll come back, maybe they won't.  It's really outside my control.

Thankyou for summing up my feelings better than I have.

Though I'm angrier than you I think. I want the board's blood. 

And the deeper I think about the role of a BOARD, the more I see they've not just failed but SABOTAGED.

Political analogy is the Rudd and his mates sabotaging their team (Labor) out of spite so that they're forced to put Rudd back in.

Our board has leaked TO CAROLINE WILSON again and again and again, including last night and today. They've leaked against and sabotaged Hird and tried to THEN say that because he's seen as damaged, he must go.

I know it can't be ALL of the board doing that but it's definitely some of them. We must weed them out via this EGM and sack them.

Wilson was guessing Hird's sacking today. If that was a leak then someone gave her bad info.

Clean them out.

Wait.... are you serious? 

That's the key issue here you think? Not 'how do you propose we handle the PR better?,' or 'What are you thoughts on the legal defense,' or 'How will we approach infraction notices if it happens?'  

You think a board should be voted on purely in relation to their support of James Hird?  

I honestly don't get this anger towards the board. They have done their best in an incredibly difficult situation. I am yet to see a huge blunder by them that they should have foreseen as a blunder and not made. Still not sure what this leak to Wilson is/was?

I just hear on the radio they are meeting again this weekend re: Hird. Any truth to this? And if so, why?

jodo27: didn't we do the same thing with Matty Knights contract?

Business acumen is not what we need at this stage. I'm ok with him making financial decisions, and we definitely need him on the board, but as a representative of the club, can we please have someone who can speak with some passion about the place? He's emotionless, clinical, and sterile.

McGuire, Kennett, Brayshaw - the 3 club chairmen that spring to mind - are all passionate, emotional, strong willed people who are capable of playing the media game. We do not have that in Little. 

I want excitement at the club. We are dull. From the chairman to the playing group. Vanilla is not a term that should be used to describe our club, because at least vanilla is a flavour. We have no flavour. Did you see the applause Bomber got last night? It was because he spoke with passion and charisma. We haven't had that since Sheeds was sacked. Even Hirdy is more conservative than the way he played would lead you to believe.

If we continue to be dull as a club, good luck getting kids to barrack for us, and good luck selling merchandise, memberships, and tickets. 

We need a salesman, not a businessman.

People that work at the club don’t know what is going on…