The End of Net Neutrality

http://www.vice.com/read/former-comcast-and-verizon-attorneys-now-manage-the-fcc-and-are-about-to-kill-the-internet?utm_content=bufferc5db5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

In a nutshell the major Cable Television Companies Vorizon and Comcast are in the process of making the Internet tiered. Instead of paying for the Internet and being able to access each website as easily as the next one, your bill will end up being like your Pay TV Bill.

The exmaple if this, maybe Foxtel makes a deal with Microsoft so the search engine you can access s Bing. In order to get Google you will have to pay extra for the next teir.

The longer Australians take to start smarting up and embrace the Internet, the easier this control will start in Australia. It is all about controlling information, censoring individuals.

America’s problem.

Could be our problem soon. Australian companies love price gouging even more than US companies.

America’s politicians ruled long ago that the companies that lay the cables do not need to rent them out to other providers. Meaning there is no competition. Meaning if you want to switch ISP you need to move house, maybe move towns.

We have no such problems. At one point Australia had the most ISP’s per capita of any nation in the world, IIRC.

America’s problem.

It will only affect us if it touches the US backbone, and there’s already plenty of competition amongst international transit.

Like Rolo said, the US’s problem.

America's problem.

You are really ignorant. First of all Murdoch is highly influencial in Australian AND American politics.
He uses Fox News just like he uses his media in Australia, to dumb down the public. If these corporations are able to end net neutrality in the USA, do you know how easy it will be to do the same thing here?

Look at Australia and how the media is already attacking the Internet. Cyber bullying, all the talk about trolls. Right now those in power are trying to stop people from seeing the Internet as the positive force it is.

Once it happens in America there will be a dominoe effect and all Western Countries that are already controlled by multinational corporations will look to do the same thing.

It is pretty obvious this is not an American problem, it is OUR problem, a global problem. It isn't just within borders where the problem is. The World Bank came out talking about how the Internet has hurt there ability to rape Countries. A group of people from the other side of the world get ■■■■■■, it hits the Internet and the entire globe is aware.

You've been on the internet too long. I'm ignorant and you dismissed my post which clearly defined why this is not (and is unlikely to become) a problem here.

Bastards.

■■■■ isn't going to be any more expensive is it?

It'll still be free, don't worry.

But for people claiming it's America's problem just remember that when someone flushes in the US the ■■■■ ends up here eventually.

Filthy neutrals.

All I know is my gut says maybe.

Sir, it's a beige alert.

Tell my wife "hello".

Hirdsational. How much Joe Rogan do you listen to?

America's problem.

You are really ignorant. First of all Murdoch is highly influencial in Australian AND American politics.
He uses Fox News just like he uses his media in Australia, to dumb down the public. If these corporations are able to end net neutrality in the USA, do you know how easy it will be to do the same thing here?

Look at Australia and how the media is already attacking the Internet. Cyber bullying, all the talk about trolls. Right now those in power are trying to stop people from seeing the Internet as the positive force it is.

Once it happens in America there will be a dominoe effect and all Western Countries that are already controlled by multinational corporations will look to do the same thing.

It is pretty obvious this is not an American problem, it is OUR problem, a global problem. It isn't just within borders where the problem is. The World Bank came out talking about how the Internet has hurt there ability to rape Countries. A group of people from the other side of the world get ******, it hits the Internet and the entire globe is aware.

Wow, you called Riolo, not just ignorant, but really ignorant. Don't you understand that it is abusive to post such things, you ignoramus !

What makes a man turn neutral Kif?

What makes a man turn neutral Kif?

Or were you born with a heart full of neutrality?

http://youtu.be/vuctDRAQPwE

Cenk Uygur is a friggen legend!!!!  I never miss and ep of TYT!

Oh and Ana Kasparian?!?!  :wub:

Cenk Uygur is a friggen legend!!!!  I never miss and ep of TYT!

Oh and Ana Kasparian?!?!  :wub:

She is so ■■■■■■■ fine, plus she started following my on twitter!  Anyway...

http://pirateparty.org.au/2014/05/05/theres-nothing-the-coalition-wont-put-a-price-on-internet-censorship-sponsored-by-hollywood/

Basically the Government wants ISP's to block certain websites and they want ISP's the monitor what you are doing online and issue warnings.

Some of the article which articulates my points on the real way to counter Internet Piracy.

As legal options for accessing content increase, file-sharing has been shown to decrease. It has been reported in several countries including the United States[7], Canada[8] and Norway[9] that access to services such as Netflix and Spotify has dramatically reduced file-sharing by more than 50% in some instances[10][11].

“Censorship does not work. Three-strikes regimes do not work. File-sharing is not theft. Business models need to be changed or adapted to meet contemporary demands. Blocking access to websites and disconnecting users from the Internet are misguided attempts to placate lobbyists which have no proven benefits,” Mr Frew concluded.

According to the article, Village Roadshow has donated $300k to the Liberal Party.