The end of year cannon - who should be fired into the sun?

He was one of our best early. And yeah, I’d move Leuey on.

Fark people overate birdy he isa very average footballplayer only took him to get francis in carlisle deal. Bad decision all round.

No way birdy would get a game in swans midield.

Pretty good list to start from Baker.

I’d keep Hartley, Colyer and Myers.

Bye bye to Jackson Merrett though

1 Like

The worst thing is 7 of those guys didint even play today.

No matter how hard one tries, no one can polish a turd.

3 Likes

Watson
Hocking
Stanton
Eades
Kelly
McKernan
J merrett
Bird

1 Like

Guys, just so you know, the draft pool is pretty shallow his year, the one after is much better.

Out. Slow guys who can’t hit targets
in. Quick guys who can.

1 Like

True but a kid at pick 97 would still offer more than half of those on the chopping block

And guys who can take a mark

1 Like

Do you mean other than the fact he did get more than 130 games for the Swans including 9 finals & 2 grand finals finishing top 10 in a premiership year??? NO he’s no superstar but he’s a far better player than Myers & Colyer & he fills a gaping need we have had all year not to mention finals experience that would have been valuable today. He was our highest centre clearance winner last year - let that sink in for a second. All year we have been dominated in the middle & we have our best centre clearance player from the previous year unable to get a game.

1 Like

Wow next years draft is better, haven’t heard that for the last 5 years.

6 Likes

In other years I’d agree. But this years crop is a bit ■■■■.

I would not be picking past the 60’s in this draft. I’d be seeing what the free agent market looks like before I’d be making a decision on any more than 5-6 of the list getting cut.

Aren’t they saying that this year might rival 2007 in lack of quality?

Bird wouldnt make a pinch of ■■■■ difference to tonights result. Hooker might help a little bit.

Great post but I have no likes. It’s really pathetic.

What I’m saying is I’d be handing 1 year deals to guys like Jerrett, Long and Mckernan on the outside chance they can put it together and more because I would like us to be picking 6-8 up in the draft after.

3 Likes

No 1 player would have but when you go into a final with nothing at all to counter the oppositions strength then you are doomed to fail. The Swans are the toughest contested ball side in the comp. Bird lacks polish, pace or finishing class but he has courage & hardness at the contest in spades. He is a product of that Sydney bash & crash midfield that just treated us like Jodie Foster at a pinball convention.

1 Like

I think it’s worse than 07, I went to several 18’s carnival games this year, and yeah. Not looking great. Particularly if your looking for kids who know how to play in a structure.

I saw 3 games of the u17 carnival too. That crop is looking a lot better.

A couple of Bewicks boys Jamison Rossiter, Jonte Duffy and Mitch Mellis look absolute crackers

1 Like