The end of year cannon - who should be fired into the sun?

He started the year well. From about half way through he has gone backwards. He has been missing for weeks.

6 Likes

Iā€™d trade out Langford before he turns into the next Jerrett

1 Like

Would it be better to see him become a good half forward at another club? Heā€™ll probably kick 5 against our backline :worried:

1 Like

Maybe for once Dodoro drafts an honest to goodness Midfielder instead of a ******* HALF BACK FLANKER we might actually get somewhere!

3 Likes

Ah yes here come the accepting mediocrity posters.

Iā€™ve said nothing that hasnt been said on Blitz a thousand times before in the last 13 years since our last finals win.

1 Like

Nah a lot of thatā€™s fair enough and Iā€™ve made 1 bad comment which I have gone out of my way to correct.

That said a lot of whatā€™s been said re our recruiting strategy is still valid.

Youā€™ve owned it. Iā€™ll delete my post. Well played.

finally the year of sentimentality is over. maybe now we can stop playing myers and colyer? and delist howlett and hocking. i dunno, just a thought. i have no confidence the powers that be will do that though. weā€™re treading water again if not

There better be changes this off season.

We have one of the oldest lists in the comp this year that should drop a few with a few retirements and delistings and replaced with young kids from our VFL side plus which ever guns we get via the trade,draft and FA.

I watched two rounds of the under 18 Championship and the standard of players is a worry - I suspect this could be a 2002/03 standard draft which were two of the poorest on record - You donā€™t want too many picks in the 2017 draft.

1 Like

This is the list of guys without a contract for 2018 yet.

Trade options : McKenna, Green, Draper

Retire options : Baguley, Hocking.

Delist options : Howlett, Bird, Jerrett, Morgan, McKernan, Long, McNiece.

In addition, we already have made list changes that leave us with 4 list spots to fill at this stage.

I would be very surprised if we donā€™t run with a 38 senior list, 6 rookie list plus rookie B list set-up this year.

1 Like

Surely Myers was only given his lengthy contract to ensure we could make him part of a deal for Gaff?

Havenā€™t seen enough of any of the ā€œkidsā€ (McWRATH aside) to make calls on them.

Our cleanout needs to come at senior level. I know we wonā€™t trade our captain but Iā€™d be looking at it. Dys certainly of value to someone, but not us. Unless he slots straight in to jobes role, because he certainly added very little in his role this year, whatever it was.

1 Like

If you are moving Andy into the middle then surely you would look at putting Heppell to HB. Played his best footy there.

3 Likes

Depends if weā€™re willing to change our ā€œgame planā€, because as a slingshot, Hepp makes a pretty good bulldozer.

2 Likes

Weā€™ve lost the plot. Put Heppell up for trade! ?

Take a deep breath everyone.

17 Likes

I prefaced it by saying that we wouldnā€™t, but, really, what value does he give us in his role?

Yet his currency would be very high. For some team he would fill a need, but based on his skill set and output, that team might not be us.

Heā€™s slow, has average disposal, and doesnā€™t seem to account for that by reading the play impeccably in the same way Jobe made a career out of.

Iā€™m willing to accept a certain amount of rawness after Saturday, but rationally I think a case for trading him could be made, as it could with a number of favourites.

As I said, wonā€™t happen.

lol taking a deep breath wonā€™t help some of them Sal

1 Like

So what would we get for a player like that?

Reckon he sees the game very well and distributes it well from back there. Could be our courageous half back.

1 Like

Yeah, i realise you know it wont happen. I just think its a total over reaction to suggest that it should/could.

Weā€™re all hurting and i get that its an emotional time. Thereā€™s plenty wrong. But Im not sure that trying to shift Heppell after everything thats happened doesnt make things even worse. In fact, im sure it does. Both on and off field.

2 Likes