The end of year cannon - who should be fired into the sun?

It’s not. Jobe was a great player for us- but was horrible in finals

I’ve been saying this for years and very few people seem to want to understand it

New = better always apparently

1 Like

Why not?

1 Like

Time to start putting a line through anyone who’s played more than 30 games in the VFL or who’s been injured for more than 12. And I think that’s me being generous.

How many games have Parish, Zerrett, McG, Joe Dan, Raz etc played in the VFL? Barely any because they’re stars. Time to stop hoping duds will make it and actually draft good players.

Francis, Langford, Laverde, Morgan etc. See what we can get with a trade.

2 Likes

You know these guys get drafted a boys right?

2 years of VFL does not make a dud.

People are so impatient.

6 Likes

How was Richmond’s strategy last year different from the year before? The major change seems to be Prestia/Caddy worked, Yarran didn’t, and they got a great offer for a senior player who said he’d like to take it.

And whats currently on the rookie list apart from draper is not good. so why not give someone else a shot:?

Prestia & Caddy are genuine mids, not flankers. And yes, like I pointed out getting Caddy & Prestia made a huge difference. Adding two genuine mids is exactly what we need to do (for a start). As for Deledio, I’m sure this isn’t the 1st time Richmond were approached about a trade but they have made a tough decision & its paid off. I think the general consensus was that parting with pick 19 for Yarran was a poor decision long before the issues surfaced. Again, its not a trade for trade sake ideal that we need, its a pointed & targeted plan to address our list needs through trading.

We could get Yarran cheap. He’s a new man now. The issues are gone.

I would trade Hooker for Lachie Weller ( think we will develop into a big bodied mid like his brother, but better) and picks

Hooker has value now and Weller is 21 - in the right age bracket for us

Would suit both clubs

Good lord

7 Likes

Hooker isnt going anywhere. If he was ever going, he wouldve left for freo at the end of last year. Hes also insanely valuable to our team and is a good clubman too. Hard Tag is a big bonus too

3 Likes

Yep because we rate footballers on their ability to podcast

Hooker will not win a flag with EFC

So we can take two options

1. Duplicate the last 15 years of mediocre results and live in a warm bubbly bath of water or

2. Flip value on our list to bring in a young midfield and build from there

We actually have some good kids, we just need to bring in young assets around them and build up

Lachie Weller sweet baby Jesus!

So hes our vice captain first of all, our forward line is better organised and structured when hes in it, he can swing down back when required (which he did this year), he is easily one of the best marks on our list, he has booted 41 goals this year as his first full year as a forward and he also does hard tag

Better?

2 Likes

We are agreeing on the same thing, he has current value. He would generate a deal/interest and I think freo would go after him (to try and have one last run with Sandilands, Mundy etc) in exchange for a talented midfield at 21 + picks, would address (only slightly) our midfield issues + help us build through the draft

He is also about to turn 29 - so how many years do you give him at his peak? 2 - 3? Remember how quickly Lloyd or Watson slid off that cliff - it was messy to watch

This time next year he will be nearly 30 and playing for a team that missed the 2017 finals.

Freos not gonna do that trade. No one will do that trade.

Go look up the matches then, should be easy to prove if it is cobblers? Sadly it’s entirely accurate. Granted he carried injuries into two of them, but he declared himself fit and played terribly. Deer in headlights.

2 Likes