The end of year cannon - who should be fired into the sun?

Probably won’t be popular but depending how trade period goes or who we def think we could get in the draft I’d prob keep Merrett on account of the fact we have zero outside mid depth. He can also play as a small fwd or HBF’r.

Contract wise would cost nothing. And ultimately you need to maintain some depth on your list.

Certainly not a best 30 players in a strong flag worthy side. But even those need fringe semi experienced players as depth, as per Shaun Edwards getting picked up.

Bird no. Stringer will take inside mid spot & we also need to be getting Langford and LAV, and to a lesser extent Begley & Clarke into guts.

5 Likes

You guys are hilarious.

We are a middle of the road side.

Anyone who isn’t getting a regular senior gig and is older than 23 is gone. Jackson, bird, Howlett… Goodbye.

12 Likes

Sweep the MRP away please!

That’s kind of my thinking. Merrett was emergency a few games later in the year before he broke his leg, and we don’t have a lot of depth in his position. We don’t have depth in Bird’s position either, but I’m not sure Worsfold wants depth in that position.

We have plenty of depth in that position - the not AFL quality position. No way either stays on our list.

2 Likes

If for some reason we “have to keep one of them” then yes I’d definitely keep Merrett.

1 Like

On exposed form l would keep Bird. Jerrett has gone seriously backwards.

Is it the same shaky ground that Jerrett is running to…or from?

And now he’s running backwards too from what I’ve just read.

1 Like

So Smacks on the chop too?

Absolutely. Gone.

Lol.

Not popular.

But I passively agree with you…

Very very very passively!

What is minimum list numbers you can go with.

God please don’t tell me we’re going to re-contract Jerrett. He couldnt even get a game in 2016

If we gave Jackson another year we may as well just fold the club.

Delist- but can the club let him keep on rehabbing at the club for his broken leg even if he isn’t on the list

1 Like

I think it’s important to look at who is currently coming out of contract for us at the end of next season.
There’s a few blokes who I’d give a contract to for next year just so we can make more changes then, rather than this year, if the crap draft talk is correct.
That being said, it’s all dependent on what we do during the trade period.

1 Like

And I should note I’m not championing for Jerrett to stay for any other reason than depth for if needed for injuries based on our current list … and it was a question posed of Bird vs Jerrett.

I’d love it/prefer we traded in someone better than Colyer, McGrath moved to other wing that then meant Colyer was relegated to VFL and provided stronger depth and then we drafted another young quick outside mid type as further back up.

3 Likes

I think I can see us Delisting Jerrett only to pick him up in the rookie draft for 1 year. then be delisted next year.

Pretty obvious that Long (and somebody else) was only upgraded so that we could pay them a bit extra. We must have needed to spend a bit more of the salary cap (i.e. to get over the 95% minimum).

1 Like

Going through the list, we could have 8 list spots up for grabs once delistings happen :open_mouth: