The end of year cannon - who should be fired into the sun?

Surely hartley gets the chop.

Thought his papers were stamped mid season.

I’d rather we give opportunities to zerk-thatcher.

Brown can also go back if necessary and i reckon ambrose is a better option than hartley in any case.

I like hartley he tries hard and showed a lot of promise in gis first year but i reckon he lacks a yard of pace and concentration. Not sure he is a smart footballer either.

Might be worth something at the trafe table. At tye vwry least i suspect someone will give him an opportunity elsewhere if we delist him

Any inside word on McNeice getting another yr?
He costs bugger all to be on the list yeah?

Does anyone know where Redman played his junior footy? He seems quick, hard as nails and good by foot so I could see him as a genuine inside / outside mid in the future.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/afl-draft-2015-sa-country-boy-mason-redman-emerges-as-one-of-afl-drafts-biggest-bolters/news-story/209d3b9c3533dde9aae9fbd600d86fdb

2 Likes
Redman, a linebreaking 187cm, 77kg wingman who is equally at home on a half-back or half-forward flank
2 Likes

Thanks guys - kinda what I thought. I definitely hope we get plenty of games into this guy next year, he’s the one I’m most excited about along with Francis.

Has all the tools I reckon.

1 Like

I was a big fan last year after his VFL matches. Looks the goods.

Chisels, a big hammer, that sort of thing?

1 Like

He’s the real deal alright.

4 Likes

Yep Im a massive fan too.
Has an intensity about him.

1 Like

Redman is on record saying that he spent most of his time as a junior in defence; he was swung forward during the champs.

Watching the VFL the past few weeks, I think Dea is cannon fodder unfortunately. Ridley, Francis, Redman & Gleeson available next year and we’ve just pushed Goddard out. I like him, gives his all for every minute but it’s a bad time to be a mid sized defender at EFC right now IMO. I reckon there’s at least another 3-4 no brainers on our list who are cannon worthy too.

11 Likes

yep gc can have dea (for free probably)

We could trade Stewart for a pick and get Cramerie for nicks…pretty much like for like and get a 2nd or 3rd rounder

Stewart sign for 2 years the other day and crameri has played his last AFL game.

Yet when brought into the side Dea generally gets the job done. If there is genuine competition for spots, that’s to our advantage.
If we are lucky Gleeson will come back in the same form as last year and make it hard for Dea to retain his spot.

3 Likes

I have trouble believing this is a serious post.

18 Likes

Go back to bed

Kinda serious, just reckon Stewart won’t make it & maybe his highest value to us is to be traded out. I’d have Brown before Stewart because:
A - he kicks straighter
B - he does his role better
C - he competes better

There are a couple of clubs that could use Stewart but at this stage I don’t see Stewart in our best team because there are 4 or 5 players in line before him eg Joey, Stringer, Hooker, Brown even Franga…I can’t see us gambling on Stewart, has shown himself to be very unreliable

Stewart kicked a couple of goals in the VFL against Casey but I wouldn’t say he played well.

He doesn’t seem to get himself immersed or engaged into the game, is thrown about like a rag doll.

Is he lacking strength?

1 Like