The end of year cannon - who should be fired into the sun?

So when is this cannon getting fired ?

Getting close to second longest foreplay ever.

Thursday or Friday.
Believe Sting has some thoughts on Tantric sex thatā€™ll help you last the distance.

Although speaking of people who should be fired from cannonsā€¦

So, what now?

Did the Trav trade happen?

Yep, future 4th

Lets find another Guelfi.

Ok, I know he isnā€™t rated highly these days but thatā€™s a bit of outside pace gone. Interesting.

Yep. Freo offered 2 or 3 years.
Wouldnā€™t surprise if he found a bit of freedom and confidence again.

I think Freo got exclusively Westralians- Lobb, Conca, Colyer, Hogan.

3 Likes

Donā€™t mind Trav. Looking forward to seeing how he goes with our pressure game next time though.

Jerret, BJ, The Corgi and Trav gone. Sheil in. Smack elevated.

Unless we are looking to raid the state leagues I would think most of the list is safe.

There wonā€™t be anymore changes now unless we are planning to go to the PSD or pick up a delisted Free Agent. Which is unlikely.

4 outs: Colyer, Green, Merrett and Goddard.

We have 3 draft picks.

Thereā€™s still dead wood on the list.

Should cut another to test a state leaguer on an expanded rookie list.

3 Likes

Iā€™d cut Hartley and Long

1 Like

We can take more than 3 picks. Just because the AFL site indicative draft order shows only until round 5 doesnā€™t mean anything. Clubs keep selecting until they fill their list up.

I really want us to get Mitch Grigg.

2 Likes

2 draft picks, as we upgraded McKernan.

Deleted, since Iā€™d forgotten about Shiel already!

1 Like

Only if we delist more players!

1 Like

Iā€™d keep Hartley. Very serviceable tall defender. We have a little depth behind him, but given the current state of our list and premiership ambitions Iā€™d keep him. Also, every video inside the club since end of season shows Hartley in the gym including the one of Shiel.

Dea goes. Redundant with Redman, Ridley, Francis and Gleeson fighting for his position.

Long goes. Too many opportunities already. Gets caught too often with the ball and Doesnā€™t provide enough with ball in hand. Take a punt on a state league small forward who is desperate for a shot at AFL in the mould of Willie Rioli, Liam Ryan, Tippa.

Leuenberger stays as cover for TBell and mentoring of Draper.

12 Likes

If we delist now can the player be picked up still as DFA? Would be extremely harsh if they cant.

Nobody could have been picked up as a DFA yet

Thursday, 1 November: AFL delisted player free agency period (1) starts
Thursday, 8 November: AFL delisted player free agency period (1) closes
Saturday, 10 November: AFL delisted player free agency period (2) starts
Friday, 16 November 5pm: AFL delisted player free agency period (2) closes

Edit: missed Friday, 23 November 1.30pm ā€“ 2.30pm: AFL delisted player free agency period (3)

They can then also get picked up between December and March by teams that have a spot/lose a player to LTI or retirement.

2 Likes