The Essendon Redemption Cycle

Discuss

1 Like

Not much to discuss. Its true. 100%

2 Likes

Wish we showed some balls when we are rubbish on field and made some tough decisions. This constant attitude that we will come good in time isn’t working. We need to be cutthroat and become a ruthless club again.

1 Like

Exactly right. And proven by the fact that lots and lots of posters on this board have been able to predict our backs-against-the-wall wins, and our devastating unexpected losses, with amazing regularity. And that’s been the case for what, ten years probably? Maybe longer.

2 Likes

I know this trend predates woosha, but i can’t help to wonder if this theory of players being able to motivate themselves is part of it.

A couple of years back i was down under the mcg when the players were leaving the rooms to run up onto the ground on anzac day. They came out, no one talking, just looked around and jogged up the race. It wasn’t what i expected. Anecdotally, Collingwood came out of their rooms roaring and shouting, really getting themselves up.

I should point out we did win that day, but it is a marked difference but one i think back on whenever i see the team is not “on”

Ah :thinking: