The "FFS umpiring, FFS" thread

Well they will keep on slipping out of the pan!

1 Like

I listened from late second quarter til 3-4 time. I was swearing in the car like the forum version of myself, so I turned it off.

2 Likes

Brian was a mollusc and I won’t hear a word said against him, even by Dougal.

Still have nightmares about last weeks Hurley “throw” umpire wasn’t even on the right side to be able to tell, absolute ■■■■■■■ horse ■■■■.

1 Like

I just had flashback to the one on our half back line where the deep players leaps and trav(?) barely touches they guy who goes off balance and lands on his back. Free against for ‘taking his legs out’ or something.

I get it, we can’t have guys just taking people out who are flying for a mark, but now we have the slightest bit of body contact and it’s a free. Then you watch the rucks, and they’re free to maul each other at every opportunity.

6 Likes

After watching the West Coast v Bulldogs game lets see how the easing of the deliberate OOB rule goes in our game.

I know how it will go and I won’t be happy. Probably shouldn’t even watch

1 Like

Thought the umpiring in the Bulldogs West Cost game was at times, almost non-existent. Were they even present? A bloke must have to get his head almost pulled off and even then is unlikely to get a free kick. Very inconsistent indeed.
Don’t we have incorrect disposal anymore? Holding the man without the ball and how about short kick not even ten metres?
Yep it is becoming easier and easier to become an AFL umpire, just throw the rule book out the window.

The umpiring in last night’s game was effing terrible. Probably the worst I’ve seen for a few years.
From deliberate out of bounds, to ruck contests, missed holding the ball, high tackles not paid, missed throwing the ball, missed deliberate rushed behind, holding in a marking contest to missed shepherding in the marking contest frees.
But it definitely wasn’t biased.

I’d prefer it if whenever the umpire blows the whistle, they just flip a coin to decide a free kick. That way, the decision would at least be logical.

3 Likes

I thought we got the rub of the green with the Umps TBH. Couple of late frees were infuriating. That Loony one - fkn McInerney just sensed the occasion didn’t he.

Yeah wtf was that? Even the holding the ball against Dangerfield on the broadcast wing was odd.

yep, that was putrid, thank frick we held onto win, because that one looked like it was going to open the floodgates

I agree, but that free against Leuey, happens with even more contact at nearly every throw-in.

3 Likes

Yeah Right!!! the AFL are totally :innocent: …not

The first couple of minutes into the game and the umpire called back the ball, when Tuohy had a toe on the line from a kick out. Just stupid.

Let the game play, there is simply no need for it.

2 Likes

Apart from the fact that it’s a rule you mean?

8 Likes

Just on that.

Why the hell do we take the little chippy tap to play on from the kick-out from 1m inside the goal line. Then run all of 5 metres around the boundary before bombing it long.

You could just walk forward another 10m and kick it from inside the box and get it further???

How the he’ll did we get 30 free kciks

2 Likes

Suspect this thread has some interesting times ahead this week.