The "FFS umpiring, FFS" thread

Yep - there was one yesterday in the Saints game that bounced about waist high - looks like the centre circle turf had been relaid.

I think that female umpire did a pretty good job.

But she will be in trouble when they review this game.

She obviously does not know that the “push in the back” rule does not apply to Joe Daniher’s back.

1 Like

Joes first free kick was pretty soft. I reckon we got a decent run today.

1 Like

It may be soft… but the defender ran in from the side to deliberately influence his jump and pushed him with both hands in his back.

It’s the sort of thing that if it happened to Kennedy the commonpotatoes would be all, oh, the defender panicked there, no need to make it so obvious… etc, etc.

There was a shocker in the last minutes of Melbourne North. Hibberd tried to handpass down the line to a teammate. But it was smothered over the line. Deliberate OOB.

Doubt it influenced the result, but they’re told not to guess.

All in all, she did a good job - based solely on the level of voice I have left. Actually, it was a teeny bit uncomfortably favourable to start off with.

First time in football that phrase has actually been apt

2 Likes

Liz Lukin will be firing some of her cronies after today’s performance.

1 Like

Get rid of the bounce.

3 Likes

we got a 2000esque run of the umps because we were harder and first to the ball

also thew new ump, regardless of gender, doesn’t know the afl memo for essendon of minimum 2 WTF? ruck free kicks, handing out goals to opposition spuds and momentum killing bullshit calls

1 Like

One of the worst umpiring performances I have ever seen was Round 2, 2000 against the tigres. We won by about 47 points if my memory serves me correctly. The umpiring that night certainly did not do us many favours and we still trounced our opposition.

I’m 99% certain Glouftsis umpired a few of our intra club matches.

She did.

and a few practice games.

She is a Bombers supporter too

Carlton wasn’t it?

I maybe wrong but thought as a kid she mentioned she barracked for us

I think she was really good with the play on calls off the mark, they really need to crack down on that.
As soon as you step off… blow the whistle and play on… and if you are not heading back behind the mark (those stupid call backs because the player did not go back behind the mark before playing on) and move further away from it… thats play on as well IMO.

You reckon that was soft… what about the one against L’berger in the goal square!

The umpiring at the G dees v norf was about as bad as you’ll ever see. Nichols!

The absolute worst ever was the Port game in 2008 at Etihad. Absolutely appalling. Port blokes getting run down after multiple bounces and play on called. Was Nicholls too for memory.

GWS last year was also a disgrace.

4 Likes