The "FFS umpiring, FFS" thread

Looks a little friend zone to me

Didn’t one Blitzer say that even Whateley had had enough in that game and just started feeding it to the umpires on the radio call?

It was so fantastic to see when he stuffed up a bounce in that game and we gave it to him even more after that!

On the non 50m penalty to Richmond:

Schwab said the umpire erred by not calling play-on but in any case, argued Cameron did not cross the line of the mark.

In a complex explanation, Schwab said: “The umpire should’ve called play-on quicker.

“But there’s a couple of things involved, one was in that part of the ground, which was the last third of the ground, the actual bloke on the mark doesn’t have to go east-west. He can go off on a line tangent.’’

Asked why, Schwab said.

“Because of the way you line them up for goal. It’s two-thirds east-west when you are defending and when you come into your attacking third and you’re lined up with the middle of the goal, you can go on that arc.

“And what also said was the player had a half a metre from the mark — he (Cameron) started behind it.

“What also happened is (Shaun) Grigg decided to come in.

“The umpire said Cameron was still on the arc line and didn’t come over the line.

“You have to argue: ‘Did the player go over the line?’ I don’t think he did if you look at the line.’’

All Schwabb proves here is he can make an excuse for any decision.

2 Likes

2 Likes

What a ■■■■■■■■

2 Likes

Posted above how annoying it is when umpires decide little kicks are incorrect disposal. WAtching the dogs v cats, j Selwood was tackled twice in about 5 mins and did not get any kind of kick away - play on both times (in fact, Selwood got a free and 50 for one of them). Then Murphy shortly after gets tackled and actually gets a small kick off - incorrect disposal!!!

Still don’t understand why a drop kick in a tackle is not a legitimate kick, either.

Not sure if it was because we were leading all day, but noticed there was less anger (ie swearing etc) at some of the decisions. It’s probably best to have more female umpires out there.

“AND THE MIRACULOUS 300 YEAR HISTORIC INVENTION OF THE BOUNCE SHOULD BE NO MORE, AS THE GREATEST EVER PM OF STRAYA, BLACK CAVIAR CANNOT BOUNCE A FOOTBALL. IF MY WIFE CANNOT DO IT, THEN IT SHAN’T BE PERMISSABLE IN THIS DAY AND AGE.
BTW ROBBO, AOD BLACK CAVIAR TB4.”:racehorse::ring:

5 Likes

efa

2 Likes

In all honesty, it’s been at least 3 decades since I’ve blamed a loss on poor /biased umpiring, but this season is something else. And it is not just us, I’ve watched non Ess games and seen biased umpiring crucify specific teams. Something is not right.

So who has the AWFUL got lined up to win the cup this year.

Never a good sign if the emergency 4th ump is on the ground early - after Tippa ran that bloke down and thumped him into the ground a few times, which clearly should’ve been a reversal, it almost sparked an all in brawl. She lost control of the situation.

The umpiring in our games is literally no worse than any other games. It’s just sht across the board

4 Likes

Sounds like you have an issue with angry pills.

This, and I don’t blame the umpires for it. The AFL and their constant rule changes have made umpiring this game an almost impossible task. This is purely on the AFL

I think certain umpires have NFI, Nicholls and Margetts and Schmidt are absolutely terrible but your right. It’s a lottery now with deliberate out of bounds, same with the rushed behind (the one on half time to green was plain wrong) and holding the ball is becoming ridiculous to pick. Interpretation of rules changes game to game, it’s gotta be ridiculously hard to umpire these days

Nothing to interpret when Stewart got taken high in the last, other than “is that a head on top of his ■■■■■■■ shoulders”.

7 Likes

If they’re not going to pay the one just before half-time then why even have a rule? It was blatantly​ obvious he just pushed it over the line with no attempt to take possession.

Of course it was deliberate, no doubt. It’s the interpretation of the rule though. If your under pressure in the square, you CAN rush it through. I’d think a foot race to the square with green on your hammer classes as enough pressure to rush it through

Was it deliberate? Yes. Was it a bad decision when you take into consideration the actual rule? Yes

2 Likes