Bring the The GOOD Stuff Thread

Don’t buy, after 18 months you will be sleeping in a dip. I’m a fat ■■■■ so probably expected but my misses, who weights about 55kg, also was sick of it after 2 years

Sonos are good if you want something that sounds fairly good, is easy to install and runs smoothly from an easy to operate app. They’re also an ok price if you shop around. Have set up a house full of them for inlaws and they’re wrapped - but seamless operation was a priority.

But Bluesound kills them for sound quality but is a far bit more expensive.

1 Like

In b4 Deckham

It’s rapt.

Thanks. Always after the balance of good and affordable. Think they’re the ticket.

1 Like

Keep your eye out online - often come up at good prices. Then just get JB to match them. Or keep your eye on eBay for the 15% or 20% sales where PayPal are the ones actually giving the discount. Just bought a Bosch Heatpump dryer from Appliances Online’s eBay store - got it about $400 cheaper than any retail store could offer using the extra discount. By the way - the dryer is also a certified good piece of ■■■■ - has been a lifesaver.

Cheers. Play 3 is $50 off ATM turns out

I decided on the BOSE equiv after trailing both.

*trialing

Anything Bosch is excellent. Friend of mine is in the industry and said you will get better use out of the cheapest Bosch washing machine than you will from other brands’ premium models.

Sure enough, our cheapo Bosch front loader hasn’t not missed a beat in the 7 years since we bought it. Same with the dishwasher.

Most Bosch stuff is now made in China, in some cases even in the same factories as other brands.

Not the stuff we got and it was the cheapest (though perhaps this may now have changed)

These big companies play funny buggers with “Made in” though, often the “made in Switzerland/Germany/England” sticker really means 51% of the retail value is in switz/Germany/England.

Aka every part is made in China, stuck in 2 separate boxes, shipped over to EU where someone puts it together and does the final QC. Job done, made in the EU.

1 Like

Most definitely. It’s all a big marketing game - one that should be stamped out by governments, in my opinion.
A bit off-topic - was it a myth, my bad memory, or true that about a decade or so ago, the ‘Made in Australia’ stickers were made in China?

Probably true.

Edit: not sure what you could do to stamp out the sticker engineering. Adjust the percentage, and I think you’d find the cost of the Chinese parts might sharply drop but the cost of the EU assembly/QC labour that went into the widget would sharply increase. It’s an unwinnable game.
Well, until China successfully runs German and English and Japanese and US and Australian manufacturing completely into the ground.

I blame swatch watches

Have for the one that beeps like fark once it’s finished? Spent 4 years sending me round the bend, til I found out how to turn it off (or up if you’re a psycho)

I couldn’t tell you what brand of dryer we have, only that we’ve had it 6 years now, in 3 different houses, and it was in the in-laws shed for ~3 years before we had it, and they’d used it for 10 years before that. We keep expecting it to die but it keeps on keeping on.

A good sheet buy we’ve made (and I’m aware this is pretty niche) has been the pram for little Pills. Got the Uppababy vista cos it has big wheels (we have a bit of unsealed road) and heaps of storage. Most people seem to go the iCandy peach, I knocked it off the list mostly on the basis of their ■■■■■ haute couture style marketing but also because of storage. Couldn’t be happier with the uppababy. Fits 3+ full bags of shopping.

One in the right was pretty good.

Agree completely on uppababy vista. We have it (it’s our second actually, we upgraded to one of the double ones). It’s brilliant. Great storage, durable, wheels are massive, and lightweight.

I had a Bosch dishwasher in my last place…now a Smeg. I had to basically rinse every dish before putting in the Bosch, but the Smeg cleans everything.

Obviously you’ve got to do some pre-cleaning on really bad stuff.

I have them all over my place (nursery, kitchen, lounge, bathroom, bedroom) and it’s the best investment ever.

Ended up with a Play 3 and I dare say it won’t be the only one I buy.