The Great Bomberblitz Open Training Meetup!

Given the popular turnout in Tasmania i’ve cooked up a get together at the TVSC for watching an open training session followed by a delicious BBQ.

I’ve included a poll so you can pick which is your preferred date so I can then formalise everything with EFC (this has been done properly via official EFC channels).

So let me know which date you’re interested in and what you might want to bring to jazz up the function. BBQ will be supplied. Not sure what we should do about meat whether it should be a BYO thing or just a donation box on the day (anything beyond cost will go to the flight plan perhaps?).

If someone also wants to be an assistant on the day i’d love some help!

Please put any suggestions here as well so I can organise and get approvals if required.

Once the date is confirmed i’ll put a new thread up and we can go from there!

Lots of preconceived ideas will be revised, lots of expectations will be disappointed, lots of former enemies will become friends, but I fully expect one or punch ups, based on some of the vitriol I have seen in these threads. But for me, the most interesting thing will be that we might finally get to meet that long legged sinuous shaped blonde temptress that Jackie Mihochek keeps promising to bring to training.

That’s kind of what I was alluding to with my pictures up thread, but seriously, no one has anything to worry about.

I’ve met a few of the more controversial characters from here and they have all been decent people - at least as far as having a bit of a chat and a laugh, etc. The angry ones usually don’t bother to show up to these sort of things, and most people are just keen to match a few faces to names and happen to have good taste in AFL teams.

Certainly no need for anyone to be intimidated, and Soulnet is a top bloke just trying to organise a catch-up for like minded people.

I really hope I can get along to it, even if it’s only a group of 5-10 people. Problem is the Mrs is due in March and I’m taking all my leave from work then, so have to try and work something out. Cough.

Darli gets a bit punchy after a couple of Sav Blancs but for the most part there’s no problem.

I’m going to try and get along. We might only get a handful of people but it’s always great to meet fellow Blitzers. The question is, where will we meet and when? We could head out to the Jackie Mihocek wing and hang around Jackie, who’s a bit of a regular obviously. But maybe it would be best if we could meet up at the boundary line directly in front of the central windows of the Bomber café?

And how will we recognise each other? Apart from being unbelievably good looking I’ll be wearing a beaten-up hat (not a cap) and will Don the Sash for the morning. Who else is in?

Generally i'm on the wing looking at the building. Many other blitzers have found me before but know i'm always looking through the lens of the camera. So all click click click while training is on, followed by sizzle, sizzle, sizzle later. I'll also wear my aboriginal design efc jumper to help.

Given there wont be a huge number i’m thinking a bunnings style bbq should be sufficient.

Good idea. For the 19th, right? I’m serious about the Tippa meet-and-greet. I think we’re sponsoring him (Koala?) so that might help.

We need to see Karmabombers pics and I look forward to the meet and greet report from Jackie.

Lots of preconceived ideas will be revised, lots of expectations will be disappointed, lots of former enemies will become friends, but I fully expect one or punch ups, based on some of the vitriol I have seen in these threads. But for me, the most interesting thing will be that we might finally get to meet that long legged sinuous shaped blonde temptress that Jackie Mihochek keeps promising to bring to training.

That’s kind of what I was alluding to with my pictures up thread, but seriously, no one has anything to worry about.

I’ve met a few of the more controversial characters from here and they have all been decent people - at least as far as having a bit of a chat and a laugh, etc. The angry ones usually don’t bother to show up to these sort of things, and most people are just keen to match a few faces to names and happen to have good taste in AFL teams.

Certainly no need for anyone to be intimidated, and Soulnet is a top bloke just trying to organise a catch-up for like minded people.

I really hope I can get along to it, even if it’s only a group of 5-10 people. Problem is the Mrs is due in March and I’m taking all my leave from work then, so have to try and work something out. Cough.

And how will we recognise each other? Apart from being unbelievably good looking I'll be wearing a beaten-up hat (not a cap) and will Don the Sash for the morning, and will be flashing the pineapples.
Fixed.
Generally i'm on the wing looking at the building. Many other blitzers have found me before but know i'm always looking through the lens of the camera. So all click click click while training is on, followed by sizzle, sizzle, sizzle later. I'll also wear my aboriginal design efc jumper to help.

Given there wont be a huge number i’m thinking a bunnings style bbq should be sufficient.

So you go all the way out to training and just look at the building? I know its pretty impressive, but…

19Th. Awaiting reply from McKee for confirmation.

So, when is it? The 19th or the 25th???

Generally i’m on the wing looking at the building. Many other blitzers have found me before but know i’m always looking through the lens of the camera. So all click click click while training is on, followed by sizzle, sizzle, sizzle later. I’ll also wear my aboriginal design efc jumper to help.

No worries Soulnet. I still might get along on Friday, and if I do I’ll look out for other Blitzers. The weather forecast looks hot and sunny, so you’ll probably find me standing somewhere near Tiff for obvious reasons.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread for the 19th.

Ok i’m thinking Friday the 19th is the date to go. If it turns out well i’ll do another one later in the year. I’ll contact Ryan later in the day so if you want something let me know asap.

Will ■■■■ Stickon be going. .? Could change everything…

And how will we recognise each other? Apart from being unbelievably good looking I'll be wearing a beaten-up hat (not a cap) and will Don the Sash for the morning, and will be flashing the pineapples.
Fixed.

Secret Blitz Phrase? Either whisper “Fark Carlton” behind someone and see if they react or ask the question “Would you like a drink?” answer is “A little bit of water”.

Secret Blitz Handshake? Introduce yourself. Go in for a regular handshake, but then lean forward & reach around (snigger) grab them by the ankle and shake.

Paint a large peni s on your foreheads?

What are you, 10 years old?
But still, I laughed.

I reckon Jackie only lets us in on 20% of what comes over his training desk.

Soulnet - see if Ryan McKee can organise a TIPPA “meet and greet” and watch the numbers go through the roof!!

Voting is very close. Very low numbers though at the moment.

The vote is 52.63% for Friday.
Comfortable satisfaction.

Secret code? Just ask "How many goal Joe Daniher kick?"

Edit:

And of course the answer is 10…

Darren Bewick

Secret code? Just ask “How many goal Joe Daniher kick?”

Fixed.

Secret Blitz Phrase? Either whisper “Fark Carlton” behind someone and see if they react or ask the question “Would you like a drink?” answer is “A little bit of water”.

Secret Blitz Handshake? Introduce yourself. Go in for a regular handshake, but then lean forward & reach around (snigger) grab them by the ankle and shake.

Paint a large peni s on your foreheads?