The Great Bomberblitz Open Training Meetup!

And how will we recognise each other? Apart from being unbelievably good looking I'll be wearing a beaten-up hat (not a cap) and will Don the Sash for the morning, and will be flashing the pineapples.
Fixed.

Secret Blitz Phrase? Either whisper “Fark Carlton” behind someone and see if they react or ask the question “Would you like a drink?” answer is “A little bit of water”.

Secret Blitz Handshake? Introduce yourself. Go in for a regular handshake, but then lean forward & reach around (snigger) grab them by the ankle and shake.

Lots of preconceived ideas will be revised, lots of expectations will be disappointed, lots of former enemies will become friends,
but I fully expect one or punch ups, based on some of the vitriol I have seen in thesethreads.
But for me, the most interesting thing will be that we might finally get to meet that long legged sinuous shaped blonde temptress that Jackie Mihochek keeps promising to bring to training.

Just remember thanks to billy we're all on diets now - lean meat for the BBQ and no beer thanks.
Plenty of grass there.
Don’t eat the Docklands grass.

Bit sandy?

Just remember thanks to billy we're all on diets now - lean meat for the BBQ and no beer thanks.

Plenty of grass there.

Plenty of grass there.
Don’t eat the Docklands grass.

Just remember thanks to billy we’re all on diets now - lean meat for the BBQ and no beer thanks.

There is a Family Day happening on a Saturday .. 27th Feb.

Not the same I know, but really, unless the club can do a late Friday or 11 am or so Saturday training session, I think the chance for folk to go is pretty limited.

There are literally 1000’s of people at a family day. Nowhere near the right day to do it.

Just go with whatever numbers you can get, and build on it for next time.

There is a Family Day happening on a Saturday … 27th Feb.

Not the same I know, but really, unless the club can do a late Friday or 11 am or so Saturday training session, I think the chance for folk to go is pretty limited.

I can’t think of a more ideal situation than taking a day off work and going to a training session.

I can’t edit the poll so I can’t change it.

Just tell me what you guys want!

Wonder if there is a labor day training session. At least then more people will have holidays…

For those who can’t attend let me know a more ideal situation.

If the dates end up being so even that making a decision is difficult, can I suggest amending the poll to include two options:

I cannot make it on the ****
I cannot make it on the ****

Many may have selected a date just because they had to choose one of them - but could have made both.

Thanks for organising, Soulnet. Both of those dates are equally inconvenient but despite work commitments I will try to make it to whichever Friday is most popular.

Whenever I have gotten along to forum footy or the player sponsorship nights over the years it’s always been great (for me at least) to meet fellow blitzers and a training session would be a great setting.

On a cheeky note, anyone think these signs could be apt for the day?

I hope to be out on parole 23 April.

You can stumble walk to the Gladdy Hotel.

Home of dodgy characters & underworld dealings since 1999.

So ideally we’d want a Friday night training session so everyone can come after work then after the bbq can continue on elsewhere where it’s licenced?

God damn it I would so be there but I’m overseas between 14th-28th Feb

I can’t think of anything worse for you lot than meeting me

I think this is a great idea. Just can’t make either of these two dates. Hope there are more in the future! Ideally when they schedule a training session for a Saturday :slight_smile:

Voting is very close. Very low numbers though at the moment.