The Humble fish and chippery

A reply to: @megz regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @scotty21 regarding QuoteLink
A reply to: @Jefferson regarding QuoteLink
A reply to: @yaco55 regarding QuoteLink
Quoted Post</a
The one meal that can't be replicated outside of Oz is Fish 'N' Chips - There is nothing like the taste of Aussie Fish 'N' Chips. I remember the first time I took my wife to OZ and she couldn't wait to try Fish N Chips. She thought she was in heaven and couldn't believe the size of the potato cakes and the taste of the Dim Sums.

And every trip I must take her to South Melbourne Market for the world’s Best Dim Sims.

Considering you wouldn’t find those kind of “dim sims” in any part of Asia, that’s not saying much.

Dim Sims at South Melbourne are awesome - Best in Victoria - Pity you haven’t tried the dim sims.

Yeah, I have. They smell bad, and taste bad. “World’s best dim sims”, please…

I agree with Jefferson here. A proper Asian dim sim is better than sex.

There is no such thing as an Asian dim sim. They’re an Australian invention.

What if they’re made from Asians?

I’ll get my coat…

Simple way to tell if you’re getting the best fish and chips:

Are you getting them from Soto’s in Semaphore?

Hand cut chips, lots of small and weird shaped ones that crunch up a treat. Moist fish appropriately battered. Clean oil, but not too clean.

About 36 Greeks working behind the counter.

“…and 3 potato fritters (that’s what they’re called, you heathens), please”.

6 potato fritters in the bundle. Every time.

No EFTPOS, surly service. Only negative is all the freaking tourists making me wait 45 minutes for my order. However, they are next door to a pub.

Just thought I’d do my bit for the Sapphire Coast Tourism Board here:

If you’re ever over in Merimbula, drive an hour north into Bermagui, and head for the Saltwater Cafe, next to the Fishermen’s wharf (across the road from the Country Club). You can either sit inside the cafe, or get takeaway from the kiosk at the back of the cafe.

The salt and pepper squid is the highlight - and I doubt I’ve ever eaten better fish.

Quoted Post

A reply to: @scotty21 regarding QuoteLink
Quoted Post</a
The one meal that can't be replicated outside of Oz is Fish 'N' Chips - There is nothing like the taste of Aussie Fish 'N' Chips. I remember the first time I took my wife to OZ and she couldn't wait to try Fish N Chips. She thought she was in heaven and couldn't believe the size of the potato cakes and the taste of the Dim Sums.

And every trip I must take her to South Melbourne Market for the world’s Best Dim Sims.

Considering you wouldn’t find those kind of “dim sims” in any part of Asia, that’s not saying much.

Dim Sims at South Melbourne are awesome - Best in Victoria - Pity you haven’t tried the dim sims.

Yeah, I have. They smell bad, and taste bad. “World’s best dim sims”, please…

I agree with Jefferson here. A proper Asian dim sim is better than sex.

Whilst proper Asian dim sims are pretty good, I suspect you may be doing sex wrong…

1 Like

Quoted Post

Utter rubbish.
F&Cs in both UK and NZ are on average vastly superior.

This thread is discussing our favorite fish and chippery - never liked the way they cook English Fish N chips - And we have enough of them in Hong Kong and other parts of Asia.

I have different tastes and expectations of fish n chips compared to you.

Philistine!

Massively over-priced, overly salty, & over-rated, the South Melbourne dimmy.

It’s not bad but for $2? Get thee ■■■■■■.

Dim Sims are a poor man’s dumpling.

not enough chiko roll love here

A reply to: @Barnz regarding QuoteLink

Agree. Kids of today are missing out.

Needs a revamped ad campaign.

A reply to: @brem06 regarding QuoteLink

Agree. Kids of today are missing out.

Needs a revamped ad campaign.

more chiko calendars!

Yeah, I miss them vomit-wrapped-in-cardboard days…

A reply to: @Deckham regarding QuoteLink

heathen

heathen

Nothing wrong with a good heathen.

The Chikogod smite thee.

A reply to: @brem06 regarding QuoteLink

The Chikogod smite thee.

Yeah, well fuggin bite me, Chiko God - I renounce you. You were always just a piece of ■■■■.

The spring rolls you used to get at Windy Hill were quite magnificent…excreted from a considerable distance over a Chiko Roll, and from a greater height over the famed South Melbourne dimmy.

I prefer dimmies fried though…with no chicken salt.

Soggy steamed dim sims for me, soaked and saturated in soy, so that you can’t actually taste anything else.

Soggy steamed dim sims for me, soaked and saturated in soy, so that you can't actually taste anything else.

so basically you want solidified soy sauce?

Soggy steamed dim sims for me, soaked and saturated in soy, so that you can't actually taste anything else.

More cat. Less vegetables.

so basically you want solidified soy sauce?

Yup. I guess. Once you’ve had black…