The Impossible Dream - wakey, wakey! - will we finish 9,10, 11 or 12th? How will the finals unfold?... Ladder predictor in OP

That’s pretty much right but we need Sydney to lose rd23 also I think. The ladder predictor I did had them finishing 8th ahead of us if they beat Hawthorn.

Hmmm. Adelaide doesn’t need to beat North — we could finish ahead of both Sydney (on percentage) and Melbourne (points) simply by them losing to the decent teams they face.

Still would be a huge bonus and stress reliever.

1 Like

We need GWS to finish strong. Their mounting injury list is a worry. Due for a loss.

I now have us needing to beat or draw with the Tigers or we are over and out

We can beat the tigers. This game will be our Grand Final regardless. Hopefully they put everything into this game and the tigers take it easy. Lets Keep The Dream Alive - Finals 2018 Go Bombers !!!

4 Likes

10 Likes

Unfortunately, that was always the required result regardless of other team results… and it’s a BIG requirement. I still think it’s where we’re going to fall short without Raz and a potent forward line.

EDIT just to clarify, it was always required that we win 3 out of our last 4 games and hope on some other results. Beating Hawks last week would have allowed us to drop the Richmond game.

Winning all 4 games would have allowed us to get in regardless of other results.

We need Melbourne to lose to both WC (Perth) and GWS (MCG), North to lose to Adelaide (Adelaide), Port to lose to Collingwood (MCG) and we have to beat Richmond and Port.

3 Likes

Or Sydney lose both (I reckon we’ll catch them on percentage if they lost both and we win both).
Or Geelong lose one of theirs.

We could actually still finish 6th

Yeah I still don’t think we can beat the Tigers tbh, they are a much better team overall. Still, others have beaten them so there is always a possibility.

I BELIEVE

What are people going on about Sydney? Port / Dees drop out and make way for Geelong / Essendon (providing they get over the small hurdle of some hack team called the Tiges)

1 Like

As some others mentioned, we want either Sydney or Dees to drop out for us, it just seemed more likely at the time for Sydney to be the one given their form.

and if port beat the pies we need sydney and demons to lose both.

in before north beat adelaide and it’s all for nothing :frowning:

I can’t see us beating the Tigers. Their rolling maul strategy has been succesful beyond everyones expectations.

We have no Fanta, Hooker Goddard on one leg. A dazed and confused Saad. The Tigers are at full strenght. (How the f@rk does that happen???)

We suck at the G. The Tigers havent lost a game there since round 13, 2017.

We’re done.

1 Like

Would the tigers rest players leading up to the finals?

1 Like

I don’t think they will so many weeks out from finals BUT there is a strong chance they are in a heavy training load, also any players that have any niggles would be rested you think as they have all but locked up top 4 berth.

You would like to think we have far more to play for than Tigers… whether that makes a difference remains to be seen… but if we are good enough there is now a path to finals… hard, almost certainly likely to result in death… but a path can be seen.

We are not beating Richmond

/thread

1 Like

To beat Richmond we need McKenna and Saad cutting their zone open, off half back.

we win both we’re montys to make finals.

sadly we’re not beating richmond and could finish as low as 12th, yet missing only by %