The Impossible Dream - wakey, wakey! - will we finish 9,10, 11 or 12th? How will the finals unfold?... Ladder predictor in OP

While we have been excellent interstate for most of this year, you’re forgetting the loss to Freo over there in R2.

It’s amazing that since the Geelong win (where we jumped from 15th to 12th), our 8 subsequent wins have only seen us rise by 1 spot to 11th. Just shows how ■■■■■■ hard it is to get back in the 8 in the second-half of the season…

6 Likes

No Orazio, No Essendon.

1 Like

Yup, the Top 8 is usually settled by Round 8, with only 1 or 2 teams dropping out by season’s end. That’s why it’s so crucial to have a good start.

1 Like

They can’t really drop below their current ladder position anyway as they are 2 games and % ahead of Freo.

So they should be trying to play well to get some confidence into their players for next year.

I hope.

1 Like

You just know that if we do make it were going to go to sydney and get ridiculously turned over again.

Seriously though it looks like that should we do scrape in we get the pies or the hawks. That would be a biggest game in at least 15 years

Yeah, that’s partly percentage (and our wins haven’t been very big), and partly due to teams in the eight continuing their form and winning more than half their games.
We won 8 from 11, teams in the 8 won 6-7 from the same 11 and they were already on 5 wins after 8 rounds.
I know you know this, just thinking out loud.
I remember an article a while back referring to “The Rule of Eight” where most seasons the 8 rarely changes much after 8 rounds, and any teams that do break in don’t go far anyway. Bulldogs might have broken that hoodoo but they got an extra week off that hadn’t been on offer previously.

More likely to get the Pies or maybe Cats

Polec also in doubt for Port this week.

Geez, this Richmond game really seems to biggest hurdle we’ve had in many years.

Win that and we’d face a Port with no Dixon and potentially no Ryder, Houston and Polec.

Also, means that Port could get a bit of a touch up against the Pies this week.

Seems that way. Geez it would be great to really give the unbackable flag favorites a red hot go this week. If they bleed we can kill them

Realistically I cannot see us getting in even if we win Friday and beat Port.

All it takes is either North winning both or the demons winning one and we would slip out.

I would rather us bow out gracefully than limp into the finals and get smashed in the first final. Bring on 2019.

I disagree. If one of those things happen, we can still get past Port and Sydney. And even Geelong if a miracle occurs and they lose one.

If we make it I reckon we can win week 1

3 Likes

Yeah but North and the demons will be in the 8 ahead of us.

Let it go.

If we were to make it into the finals we probably end up out of the Finals. I rather us just play these last 2 rounds and bring on 2019 than be disappointed

If we make finals we are not getting smashed by anyone in an elimination. Our confidence will be sky high, Raz will be back and the teams we likely to play would not hold any great fears.

How soft are some of you lot?

Gotta be in it to win it!

24 Likes

No Raz. I just dont see it.
How?
How do we beat these ■■■■■■ Tigers?

1 Like

probably too soft lol