The Impossible Dream - wakey, wakey! - will we finish 9,10, 11 or 12th? How will the finals unfold?... Ladder predictor in OP

YOu don’t think we haven’t already learned a lot about them?

We went from looking like a rabble, with injuries to pretty much our whole forward line, to becoming one of the dominant sides in the second half of the season. Says a lot about these players and where the club is now and where their desire and focus is.

4 Likes

Looks like the real spanner in the works is if Adelaide have already stuck the cue in the rack…

Some people can only work to last minute deadlines- they need to be all or nothing to perform. Essendon seems to be that person in football club form. Which means the season is shaping up very nicely indeed.

I wanna see us take it to em, it doesn’t matter who is injured, all players in the TEAM putting in 100% is what wins games

i also believe STRINGARRRR is ready to blow a game open, for football’s sake, let’s just hope for a good game

Adelaide are in full tank mode. Will rest plenty IMO. They need to finish as low as possible to give themselves a shot at the SA lads in the draft. They also have the Dees first rounder so in the Crows interests to have Norf leapfrog Melbourne

Luckily we play Friday night. We can close the thread at 11pm that night. :grinning:

Don’t forget…

Sydney’s % is very getable, as long as they lose both games.
It may come down to this, if North or Melb win when we don’t expect them to.

any plan relying on melbourne is dodgy. they are useless as ■■■■ on a bull.

WRONG

@Wanderlust will still have a set of results which will get us thru on 12 wins :yum:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Absolutely!! Just have to amend some winning and losing margins by 100-150 points or so :wink:

3 Likes

Nah, ten goals and being reeaaally silly is plenty.

What when we win?

While that outcome is quite implausible, it also shows that St Essington’s Day can’t happen until some point in round 23, even if we lose against Richmond on Friday.

Oh, please let Geelong lose their last 2 games at home to Freo and the Suns :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Unless Port and Melbourne win in round 22

I understand what we are capable of, and I like it.

But if we can beat RFC next Friday it will be bigger and more encouraging than any of our wins this year.

And if we can beat Port after that we’ll have a perfect interstate record for the year.

We could finish with 11 or 13 wins. We could fade away and no one will notice or remember that we had an unbelievable run, or we could send shockwaves through the AFL and put them on notice for next year.

I don’t think it’s safe to judge our season just yet, and the stakes are high either way.

1 Like

:wink:

and we’re still late.

1 Like

Perfect apart from Freo, Round 2

2 Likes