The Impossible Dream - wakey, wakey! - will we finish 9,10, 11 or 12th? How will the finals unfold?... Ladder predictor in OP

No chance Adelaide are in tank mode now. They are 2 games clear of Freo and a game behind the rest chasing the eight. Freo play geelong and Pies, would have to win both to be a chance of passing Adelaide. So all Adelaide have to play for is some pride and respect, they’ll look to take out their anger on North.

1 Like

Norf have also never won at Adelaide oval

2 Likes

Perfect scenario is to eliminate the Pies first then the Hawks. That way we’ve overcome the three sides we’ve lost to since Carlton. They we probably go to Perth and get reamed by the crowd/umps.

Is that worse than losing to Carlton or better?

Ah, good point. I thought i read a stat saying otherwise but it must have been " since round 2" or “best away record since x” , thanks,

1 Like

They are more interested in next year and with their fitness issues I’d expect a couple of players to go in early for clean outs. They could also leapfrog a few sides if they won their last two convincingly which they are more than capable of. Operation Lukosius/Rankine will be in full swing IMO

They would only pass US by winning both games, and that’s if we lost both.
If we beat Port (and I think we will), they would have to beat Carlton by 100 to pass us.

I’d say more than likely, they win both games and remain 12th !

Unless we lose to Richmond in which case we might tank the last game

C’mon man.
We’re gonna go as hard as we can against Port, regardless of Friday’s result.

4 Likes

Hard to port me lads, put ya farkin backs inta it!

(pirate week)

2 Likes

Hopefully 22 of them.

Let’s not go there.

If they were going to this would be the week as they wouldn’t want to give their players 2wks of no footy given the bye after end of season.

And they are clear on top of ladder now with only the Dogs in last round.

But IIRC Balme may have spoken recently and said they aren’t interested in resting players.

Any players brought into the Tigers line up to replace stars would be playing their arses off hoping to break in. It would also make them unpredictable whereas I think our best chance is to counter what we have learnt to expect from them.
I guess I’m just wary of dropping our guard too.

Can’t imagine them tanking in front of their home crowd for the last home game of the reason.

I think they’ll come out with the intention to win and win convincingly.

3 Likes

Do a deal with GWS to give them a better chance for the flag. We take out Martin and Rance for the rest of year, and they give us Shiel. Can we sneak Robbie Muir onto our list for the last game?

1 Like

It’s Friday night footy at the MCG against an in-form Essendon; Tigers aren’t going to be resting anyone.

1 Like

Nope they won’t be. In fact, I think they brought in Houli and Prestia against the suns to ease them back in so they’d be right for the game against us.

That being said, we will be severe underdogs this week. Especially after our injuries. Can only hope they let their guard down a bit.

They were primed to smash us Dreamtime after all the hype about our pressure. They had a point to prove.

2 Likes

We need an Al Pacino inches address to the players

1 Like

Joe D can do that, I hear.

1 Like