The Impossible Dream - wakey, wakey! - will we finish 9,10, 11 or 12th? How will the finals unfold?... Ladder predictor in OP

Gee, unheard of if the Dees with whopping percentage of 130 (2nd best in the league) miss out on finals. 2018 is trully a crazy season

2 Likes

Well it won’t be 130 still if they lose the next 2.

One of the commentators mentioned they haven’t beaten a top 8 side yet, nice draw for them.

Whilst I don’t personally adhere to religious beliefs, I don’t think it is appropriate to mock those who do.

The reason we all watch sport (whether you realise it or not) is partly due to the unpredictable nature of it. Yes we ‘expect’ certain things but you can never be 100% certain of that outcome.

If I had said that Gold Coast would beat Sydney, in Sydney… you would have easily have said the same comment. In years gone by… Port have gone down to Geelong in the last round (when they were crap) and beaten them. But if we were to start a thread “greatest upset wins by any club in VFL/AFL history” there would be 1000’s of them… every week, every season, every decade… there have been monumental upsets.

Would I put money on it? No… of course not BUT I do know that stranger things have happened than a lowly team beating a middling team in the last round of season just because they can.

How many really thought Dogs were going to win against North to even give us this sniff of a chance? You just never know and that is why sport is one of the most addictive forms of entertainment on the planet!

4 Likes

They did beat the crows and norf while they were in the 8 so this stat can be a bit misleading

I think there is every chance port, Sydney and dees could fail to win another game

2 Likes

yeah but I think the ‘stat’ holds true… they look really dodgy against pressure and the scoring issues are noticeable.

I don’t think all hope is lost for them long term though… they have developed some nice players and have talent across all three lines… just not sure it is all coming together right now. Also seem to have a bit of the flat track bullies about them. Look very very very good when rolling but crack under pressure too often for it to be a coinkydink.

I agree that Port, Sydney and Dees could all lose their next two… if we pull off the miracle against Tigers (and it will be a miracle) then very very very good chance we make finals.

:thinking:

4 Likes

Not really. They’re 0-7 against sides currently in the top half of the ladder. If they lose their last two they’ll be 0-9 against those sides. This reveals two things… 1. they are ■■■■■■■ downhill skiers. and 2. they’ve had a pretty soft fixture to play only 9 sides in the top half in 22 games.

■■■■ them.

1 Like

That’s all well and good… but if you think Geelong are dropping their last game of the H&A season at their home ground when they have a finals spot on the line against one of the worst sides we’ve seen in 20 years, you need your head read.

whilst miracle did original derive from an event with no scientific understanding, and thus more spiritually based. It is now defined also as a remarkable event or development that brings very welcome consequence

This is in line of with common vernacular particularly in non-secular communities or linguistic groupings such as Australia and Canada

So if you want to keep talking linguistics, I am more than happy too. Considering that language was so greatly influenced by religion and religious development, along with our legal system and, for most people, moral ‘internal’ compass it fascinating to consider what effect it will have for societies that have moved further from organised religion.

I suspect that the historical roots of language will survive and persist, although reading through Facebook and other socials, you wonder if any language will survive or is the next iteration a purely graphic language? Could we return to the era of the Egyptians (and many other cultures I know) and thus realise that perhaps human evolution is on a constantly revolving cycle? Does that explain the mysteries of similarities across great distances, the pyramids the moments of in-ordinate technological growth considering the era.

Do we then take that one step further and conclude that this may, in fact, be the nth iteration of human society, perhaps you and I have even had this conversation before. Did language evolve and devolve the same way, did sport rise and fall.

As I said, would happily have a chat anytime… all riveting stuff. Although I presume you were aiming just to get likes by attempting to paint me as the fool which is totally cool. The notion that being derivative of others garners ‘love’ is also interesting if you want discuss that.

1 Like

*Derisive

Soz, couldn’t help myself… :rofl:

1 Like

That, unlike your first dig, is accurate. Apologies for using the wrong word.

Nah the 1st one was accurate as well. Geelong losing to GC is the least likely of all the potential hail mary options that could transpire in these next two weeks of football. We’re more likely to win our last two with the Dees, Port and Sydney all falling over in theirs than the Cats losing to GC in Rnd 23. Think about the wealth of experience and talent in the Cats midfield particularly, at their home ground where they’ve only lost 2 games in about 4 years (both against Sydney), playing a side of kids that is cooked and limping to the line. It’s just not gonna happen. Better off backing a 3 legged rocking horse mate.

You can basically throw a blanket over second to 12th, the gap between those sides is very small. Two after the siren set shots cost the Dee’s wins against Geelong in games the otherwise dominated. They should have also beaten the crows. If we were sneek in id rather avoid Melbourne.

If we are to sneak in then I’ll just take whoever we’ll get, because it will be a minor miracle we are even there.

If we sneak in we won’t be playing Melbourn… nobody will be playing Melbourne.

So Josh Kelly won’t be playing for GWS this week. Anyone getting concerned that Sydney will roll them?!

Yikes, it was just a light hearted troll, pointing out an apparent superficial contradiction. I don’t think you’re a fool and I’m aware that the word miracle is often used with no intended reference to the divine. God knows, I’m not religious either!

1 Like

Might. Doesn’t matter anyway. Winning their last two pretty much made them safe. Only way we’re getting in is by Melb and Port dropping both and us winning both.

1 Like

Do people seriously think we are going to make finals? Or are we just pretending like when we were kids, " Imagine if all this monopoly money was real…"