The Impossible Dream - wakey, wakey! - will we finish 9,10, 11 or 12th? How will the finals unfold?... Ladder predictor in OP

We are on same points (44) as Cats.

If we win 2 and they lose one of theirs we take a spot that they should seemingly have locked up with who they playing. Freo and GC.

2 Likes

It means that if we win both, we’re pretty much in the finals. Doesn’t matter if Dees or Swans with both games etc.

Cats losing one game out of their last 2 would be massive for us.

2 Likes

We also need North to lose to Adelaide in Adelaide.

2 Likes

Or wouldn’t be even more spectacular if we needed North to lose the last match of the season and the Saints got up in the dying seconds at 7.30pm on Sunday evening.

2 Likes

As an indication of probability, agencies are paying $13 for a Freo win, and only $3.60 for us to beat Richmond.

So basically is Sydney vs Gold Coast odds?! Can’t see that twice in a season!

1 Like

Champion Data have us a 2% chance of making finals… Meanwhile Dees are 88% and Port 43%.

Fyfe and walters travelling to Geelong. Good for us

3 Likes

Dockers have rocked Kardinia before

2 Likes

when they were actually a decent team, yes they have

Helps that Geelong - and the people backing them have already locked their spot in the finals because they’re bound to beat Freo and Suns.

However unlikely it is, that kind of mentality is dangerous!

Back when Geelong were a decent team too. They’re absolute plop atm.

Port openly saying they’re playing Ryder and Polec today, even though they’re carrying something. Taking the risk in order to try get the win.

Not like Pies will target those players at all now…

I don’t know what an ‘abductor muscle’ is, but I hope Ryder destroys his and sh*ts it out.

As for Polec’s hammy, I want the tendon clinging to the bone by a sliver no wider than crepe paper.

6 Likes

Heard on SEN that Ryder was walking laps at training today. Could be a late-out.

Nah, just laconic.

8 Likes

That’s true, he’s always been like that…

Only 3 games (other than our two of course) that are of any interest…

R22 Adelaide MUST beat North
R22 West Coast MUST beat Melb
R23 Giants MUST beat Melb

From what it looks to me, all other results are irrelevant now, unless there is so fluke like Cats losing at home and we sneak in that way. So from my calcs, win both of ours and the three results above occur, we’re IN.

Other option is GWS and Hawks beat Sydney and we overtake them maybe on percentage. Who knows!

Genuine concerns about that Adelaide/Norf game. The only thing Adelaide care about now is ■■■■■■■ Port Adelaide. Tanking to Norf would go a long way too helping that…

1 Like