The Inevitable Rebuild

I often hear from Campbell (mainly through Blitz) not from Tanner. I know he is not an attention seeker like Kennett or Eddie but does he say anything at all? The buck does stop with him after all.

I love that he can still be sacked, I think it’s about time the club got ruthless.

Clearly that was the Laverde hamstring, I thought we had got over the whole over riding the medical department.

■■■■ the external review, everybody knows what needs to happen. We don’t need to have some big four wanker or retired failed nobody come in. It’s blatantly obvious. Not sure why Richardson is getting attention, he only just arrived. Either he’s a disaster already and our HR needs to be cleaned out too. Or he needs to be give the opportunity’s to shape things. We are playing very Richmond of 2016 though.

I’m very much on the clean out bandwagon. Too many people in influential positions been coasting for too long.

Start with the head of footy, new coach and new list manager and build from there. The talent is in the team, just need to get the right strategy and development coaches around and it will turn super fast.

1 Like

Yes. He told us he was the best person possible for the job as President.

I guess he forgot what happened the last time we got the “best person possible” - Knights, after Sheedy was sacked so they would replace him with the “best coach in the country” (not just best available).

I have no problem sacking poor performing coaches at any time. The talent is there to work with, we should be performing much better and be in the top 8

Just as it did when Knights was sacked after an equally ridiculous contract extension. And the response then was for the Board to save their collective ar ses by appointing a much loved former Essendon champion as senior coach even though he had zero coaching credentials or experience.

So if Worsfold is sacked, expect a rinse and repeat by the Board and someone like Dustin Fletcher to be named as senior coach.!!!

Interesting post, hope it’s all true.
When you say the footy department is in utter disbelief, is it the results so far or the contract extension.

Reckon they were banking on a big crowd against the Hawks being a home game. Even the port and Melbourne game had ■■■■ crowds however I doubt they would have budgeted alot for them considering they were 1:10 matches.

Lose to carlton, have a poor turnout for the Cats and Tigers games and the pressure will be at boiling point.

As I said, if worsfold gets the ■■■■, any pay out should come from those who offered and approved the extension and then they should leave with him.

3 Likes

the results/season so far.

No idea on what has gone wrong thus obviously how to fix it.

Wow. So blitz memes are real life.

1 Like

Worsfold better not get singled out. Also.

Post storm continues…

So they extend the football coach. But would worry about sacking him for being bad at football because of internal politics. And the pressure on the club is poor sales and attendance, not the quality of football.

Not sure whether to go with :thinking: or :roll_eyes:

That’s the fluff I was referring to.

you guys will finally come around that nothing but a total rebuild will fix our mess.

The list is a mess, development worse, a coaching panel who couldnt teach a modern day dog to eat kobe beef, a puppet CEO and a board with not a collective testicle on it.

Apart from that, we are going swimingly and please, donate to the flight plan v2.0!

3 Likes

Oh, and please stream the computer game team!

Time to start again
It’s going to be a long long time since we are successful again.

Doesn’t have to be. North are miles ahead of us and are only early into a rebuild

1 Like

Don’t even go there fool

they are levels above us. They are bringing guys into a system built on standards and expectations, if little else.

We stand for nothing - a total passive, good-bloke mob and nobody seems accountable for anything.

We are chock full of a cancer, and need to get rid of it before anything else.

1 Like

Totally - Mark Harvey did this wih 2 or 3 guys in his last year/s at Freo. If you ever hear Pavlich talk about Mark harvey…
Something similar happened to Lachie Hansen at North.

The joke being, the justification of “The Saga” was players could have been injured or harmed.
When players are actually harmed? Shrugs.

Dear Essendon,
What is happening to you is a reflection of a failed culture of arrogance.
One of the greatest sides of all time thought that they could just roll over Carlton in the prelim all those years ago. Sure they won a flag, but then couldn’t keep the team together because of the salary cap.
Then Sheedy was given too long, supported by the board.
Knights got knifed for a favourite son, who then bought in very poor people with little oversight. Given that Bomber Thompson’s issues were well known, why was he given a job???
Poor board decisions to fight the drug charges, instead of copping it sweet and getting on with life, cost the club a fortune, lost the club its reputation, disheartened the players and have arguably made it a laughing stock.
Richmond have been a laughing stock for a long time, but no longer. The CEO has slowly and steadily got the right people in place, built a culture that everybody has bought into.
Players identified that mindfulness could help and over the course of two years have turned their mental strength around. Essendon has bought into this but it takes time.
It is not one player that will change things. It is the whole team working together. And this is the team both off and on the field.
The players can all play, but it is the leadership on and off the field that makes clubs successful.
Good luck in changing.

Players can all play, otherwise they wouldn’t be drafted. What happens next is down to coaching and environment.