The Infrastructure Thread

Wow I like that one! Have never heard it before. Has the length required for a runway I would imagine.

I know there is talk about redeveloping that entire precinct at the moment. The cricket is worried it might loss the current oval. They previously lost their second oval to make way for the pool.

1 Like

I spent many a season bowling left-arm orthodox at Lord’s Reserve. I only got hit into the surrounds of the swimming pool in my last couple of games.

1 Like

Isn’t there three grounds at Lords along with the one at Koornang Park?

Yeah they are concerned. I know people that live both sides of that park and my kids play sport there. Personally I think they should redevelop the aquatic centre as long as they maintain the outdoor pool, art-deco features and the grass hill. Would have to be one of the nicest public pools in Melbourne

The precinct I’m talking about stretches from Koornang rd to Grange rd. Excluding Glen Huntley primary school at the Grange rd end.

1 Like

Wow, the whole lot. Nice grounds to play on.

Well since we’re talking about wild election promises, what are people’s thoughts on the Libs’ ‘grade separate arterial road intersections’ idea?

Imo building mini freeway interchanges on relatively narrow road reserves is a terrible idea, especially where there are shops etc. Not to mention the fact that the sites don’t seem to have been chosen based on how much capacity can be gained on the main road.

Haven’t looked into this, tell us more

Not bad going. Was that the moment you thought time to give it away?

Not much detail floating around, just that they want to grade separate a bunch of big intersections.

Google yields this pic:

sydney has that sort of ■■■■, from memory.

screw it, why not.

Counting turf wickets, there was one last time I was there. Koornang Park and Lord’s are different.

Probably another 4 or 5 synthetic pitches…Carnegie South, Carnegie Uniting…

Other than Koornang there are 3 wickets - 2 synthetic and the turf one next to the pool.

Completely agree. Last thing you want is another GESAC. Therefore if you need a year round pool make it in one corner not the entire thing. That way you maintain the hill and he Art Deco appeal.

One place in Germany that I visit regularly has done this all over the city.

It is ok for traffic flow but it really disrupts pedestrians and screws getting into business places. Suppose it depends on your priorities.

1 Like

There used to be one at the far end from Lord’s and at least 2, maybe 3, in between.

1 Like

Blackburn and Springvale Rd at Nunawading were desperately needed though. Traffic was a ■■■■■ at those two before the crossings were removed. Fkd if I know why Heatherdale Station was done though.

2 Likes

Once all these level crossings are done and this big underground arc, they can then get on with the big job Melburnian’s really want. Reinstating the Kew line and with it Barker station.

This will mean Xavier boys can get to school a little easier, Vic Roads employees too. A big win for Melbourne.

#bringbackbarker #doitdan

2 Likes

You’re right, those Xavier boys have got it real tough

4 Likes

I’m awaiting Matthew Guy’s repost to Andrews’ spruiking of the underground link and I have a sneaking suspicion the Kew line might be it.