The Legacy of Hird

I’ve been a staunch follower/supporter of Essendon for 68 years. But now the legacy of Hird is destroying this once great club. Little and his Board have a real problem come the end of Essendon miserable 2015 season. Do they allow Hird to continue coaching in 2016? For the good of the club, I hope not. The stench of the supplement scandal has ruined Essendon, thanks to Hird. WADA/ASADA will drag into 2016, the club will sink even further if Hird remains as coach. Nobody will want to come to the club while the WADA investigation continues. There is supposed to be “new evidence” that will further ruin the shattered reputation of the club. Add to that, there are players looking for away out, namely Watson to retire because of the supplement scandal. Carlisle looks to want to go to Carlton (what a horrible thought) or to the Bulldogs. Who do we blame for this intolerable mess ? Hird of course. Injuries have belted Essendon this year, so playing the kids (no thanks to Hird who said seven players playing in an AFL team was the limit) has been a good thing. But bringing hacks like Cooney and Chapman, letting Winderlich and Fletch to continue in 2015 hasn’t done the list any good. The excuse has been because we have missed out on two years of first and second round draft picks. But the young players drafted to club and are doing so well, like Edwards, Laverde, Langford, Steinberg, McKernan, Gleeson. O’Brien and Ambrose to name a few are who realizing that this is their chance to cement their place in the team and as an AFL player. This is no thanks to Hird.
I wonder about Hird’s judgment? Against the Eagles and North, both teams have outstanding ruckmen, we go in with no ruckman (Eagles) and a guy who has come off the Rookie list up against the best in the competition, while a genuine ruckman spends all his time in the VFL. Giles looked alright in the pre-season competition, so why isn’t he getting a game? Hird’s reasoning was lamentable last night. I would question any coach taking on a supplement program like Hird has done. I would question the judgment of a person who rides a bike from Toorak to Tullamarine on an extremely cold and wet Winter’s day. I would question the judgment of a person who would walk from Toorak to Etihad Stadium and back last night, saying that he is doing both to keep fit, when Essendon has the most up to date facilities he could use anytime to keep fit.
Little et.al have a real problem, and Hird knows it. One more year on his contract, paying him $1,000,000 or sack him and get sued? What a conundrum this once great club is now faced with - Hird, the Teflon Kid, WADA, possibly,loosing the side’s captain and a tall, key forward, an ageing list, and nobody in their right mind wants to be part of Essendon, unless they are desperate for a game of football, or can’t get a coaching job anywhere else.

Mods please gurg. Been done in countless other threads. Stopped reading after line 2.

you started off like you wanted the best for the Club but by the time I had finished it read like it was straight out of the Liz Lukin hate Hird handbook.

#STILLSTANDINGBYHIRD

Been a while since we had a new poster say “I’ve supported Hird / Little since the day I was born but in light of a few losses / an article in the paper / a comment on bigfooty, I have no choice but to demand that we sack everyone”.
Yawn.

I've been a staunch follower/supporter of Essendon for 68 years. But now the legacy of Hird is destroying this once great club. Little and his Board have a real problem come the end of Essendon miserable 2015 season. Do they allow Hird to continue coaching in 2016? For the good of the club, I hope not. The stench of the supplement scandal has ruined Essendon, thanks to Hird. WADA/ASADA will drag into 2016, the club will sink even further if Hird remains as coach. Nobody will want to come to the club while the WADA investigation continues. There is supposed to be "new evidence" that will further ruin the shattered reputation of the club. Add to that, there are players looking for away out, namely Watson to retire because of the supplement scandal. Carlisle looks to want to go to Carlton (what a horrible thought) or to the Bulldogs. Who do we blame for this intolerable mess ? Hird of course. Injuries have belted Essendon this year, so playing the kids (no thanks to Hird who said seven players playing in an AFL team was the limit) has been a good thing. But bringing hacks like Cooney and Chapman, letting Winderlich and Fletch to continue in 2015 hasn't done the list any good. The excuse has been because we have missed out on two years of first and second round draft picks. But the young players drafted to club and are doing so well, like Edwards, Laverde, Langford, Steinberg, McKernan, Gleeson. O'Brien and Ambrose to name a few are who realizing that this is their chance to cement their place in the team and as an AFL player. This is no thanks to Hird. I wonder about Hird's judgment? Against the Eagles and North, both teams have outstanding ruckmen, we go in with no ruckman (Eagles) and a guy who has come off the Rookie list up against the best in the competition, while a genuine ruckman spends all his time in the VFL. Giles looked alright in the pre-season competition, so why isn't he getting a game? Hird's reasoning was lamentable last night. I would question any coach taking on a supplement program like Hird has done. I would question the judgment of a person who rides a bike from Toorak to Tullamarine on an extremely cold and wet Winter's day. I would question the judgment of a person who would walk from Toorak to Etihad Stadium and back last night, saying that he is doing both to keep fit, when Essendon has the most up to date facilities he could use anytime to keep fit. Little et.al have a real problem, and Hird knows it. One more year on his contract, paying him $1,000,000 or sack him and get sued? What a conundrum this once great club is now faced with - Hird, the Teflon Kid, WADA, possibly,loosing the side's captain and a tall, key forward, an ageing list, and nobody in their right mind wants to be part of Essendon, unless they are desperate for a game of football, or can't get a coaching job anywhere else.

Nothing to do today Caro ?

When you start with ‘I’ve been a staunch supporter for eight hundred years, but Hird…’

Clown.

Again???
sigh

O_O

Not expecting the Like button to get much use in the OP…

Getting rid of Hird won’t make the wada ■■■■■ go away… There’s no way the asaga should be going on this long so you can’t ping that on him…
I bet you weren’t feeling this way earlier in the year ie:after hawks game…
This year’s a right off,injuries etc so play the kids… We overrated our flag chances & brought in free agents etc,a gamble that hasn’t paid off,but a gamble worth taking IMO…
Hirdy reportedly has a very strong relationship with the players,Carlisle especially,so what effect will giving Hird the ■■■■ have on everyone??

I would question the judgment of a person who rides a bike from Toorak to Tullamarine on an extremely cold and wet Winter's day. I would question the judgment of a person who would walk from Toorak to Etihad Stadium and back last night, saying that he is doing both to keep fit, when Essendon has the most up to date facilities he could use anytime to keep fit.

Boy oh boy wowee.

Cool thread bro… now there’s the door. Dont let it hit you on the way out

I would question the judgment of a person who rides a bike from Toorak to Tullamarine on an extremely cold and wet Winter's day. I would question the judgment of a person who would walk from Toorak to Etihad Stadium and back last night, saying that he is doing both to keep fit, when Essendon has the most up to date facilities he could use anytime to keep fit.

Boy oh boy wowee.

Full marks for reading through it…

We did need a Hird thread

We did need a Hird thread

This is the Hird thread for people who hate cyclists, and pedestrians.

Completely different to YT’s.