The Merge

One less team means one less game. One less game means less product to sell.

One less team means we can bring back Match Ratio for the ladder during the entire H&A season. The excitement!

1 Like

A lot of their members are family/friends of those involved with the club, who are also members of the clubs they support. I know the family of one of the players, 8 memberships right there

It was hilarious how the general public loved percentage but loathed match ratio.

1 Like

I contemplated taking out a GWS membership this year as thought they were a chance to make the grand final and probably easiest way for me to get a ticket.

How is it any different to Richmond’s 100k “members” (avg home crowds of 59k) or our 84k “members” (avg home crowds of 47k) ??

Membership tallies are a huge pile of wank, all clubs, maybe half of these tallies are 3 game or “non-match-day” members.

its reasonable to assume people sign up for better chance of grand final tickets

A big chunk would be Canberra memberships. Could easily see 10k people in Canberra sign up for a 3 game membership.

Yep. Two friends of mine both going to the game on Canberra memberships.

1 Like

Yep I know a few who are rabid fans of other clubs. Just have the GWS membership as it’s something to do in Canberra.