The Music Quiz

1. Veronica - Elvis Costello.

Hints pleaseā€¦ (thank you)

1. Iā€™m not sure but I think itā€™s Slice of Heaven - Dave Dobbin

Waitingā€¦

Sorry, no.
14 is quite a recent song.
And all the songs have something to do with age.

1. In My Life - Beatles
1 Like

.14. Khalid - Young Dumb & Broke (?)

.18. Sandi Thom - Wish I Was A Punk Rocker

3 feels like theyā€™re Paul Kelly lyrics

1 Like

Is the theme something to do with age?

*just back from a boozy lunch so my posting is going to be more frequent and less judicious

1 Like

Given your state, Iā€™ll just say yes.
Yes, it is.

And good on you for keeping poets alive.

1 Like

Arise, thread! Arise from your grave and walk the world once more!!!

1. From the bloody cross on top of Calvary to the beach at Malibu Leonard Cohen - Everybody Knows - Koala
  2. Weā€™re the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand Cake - comfort eagle - @simmo41
  3. And with her step I move my feet, and with her hand I feel my skin, and with her need I find Iā€™m saved, and with her dreams Iā€™m laid
  4. Thirty notes in the mailbox will tell you that Iā€™m coming home Dead Leaves and the dirty ground - White Stripes - @Hoffy
  5. I was looking back to see if you were looking back at me to see me looking back at you - Safe From Harm - Massive Attack - @stuka
  6. There they sang about tomorrow, and tomorrow never came Les Miserables - Empty Chairs at Empty Tables - Koala
  7. Donā€™t think 'cause I understand I care, donā€™t think 'cause Iā€™m talking weā€™re friends. Overground, watch this space. Iā€™m open to falling from grace Sneakerpimps - Six Underground - Jaymin
  8. Iā€™m gonna have a drink and walk around, Iā€™ve got a lot to think about Bloodletting (The Vampire Song) - Concrete Blonde @BAAKKEERRRR
  9. I used to think that the day would never come, Iā€™d see the light in the shade of the morning sun New Order - True Faith - @black_and_bloods
  10. I only knew you for a while, I never saw your smile till it was time to go, time to go away Together in Electric Dreams - Georgio Moroder and Phil Oakley - @black_and_bloods
  11. She used to swim these same moonlight waters, oceans away from the wakeful day Nightwish - Ghost Love Score - swoodley
  12. So donā€™t delay, act now, supplies are running out, allow, if youā€™re still alive, six to eight years to arrive Smashmouth - Walking on the Sun - @mrjez
  13. Everything thatā€™s near and dear is old and in decay Midnight Oil - Redneck Wonderland @simmo41
  14. Sheā€™ll take a tumble on you, roll you like you were dice Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes - @StealthBomber
  15. And weā€™re gonna be eating fish from a coal fire, and weā€™re gonna be sleeping outside The Waifs, Highway 1 @swooper
  16. I yelled my insides out at the sun Triffids - Wide Open Road - @davethedon
  17. Now I wonā€™t feel those heavy shoulders no more Alex Gaudino - Destination Calabria @simmo41
  18. Some say prayers, some say prayers, I say mine Sisters of Mercy - Dominion - @Stressed_out
  19. We all get hurt by love and we all have our cross to bear Confide in me - Kylie Minogue - @black_and_bloods
  20. She always said her bed was cold without you, so how come she still has to hide her body from you?
1 Like

Is 12 Step Right Up - Tom Waits?

16 wide open road - triffids (quite like mick Thomasā€™s cover too)

It lives!

14 Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes

1 Like

Love this stuff!

9: True Faith - New Order
10. Together in Electric Dreams - Georgio Moroder & Phil Oakey
19: Confide in me - Kylie Minogue

3 Likes
  1. Dominion- Sisters of Mercy
1 Like

4 dead leaves and the dirty ground - white stripes

1 Like
  1. Le Miserables ? But no idea of the song title.

12 walking On The Sun - Smash Mouth

1 Like

No and yes!

maaaaaybe

1 Like

So I only got the easiest one!

Couple of others rang vague bells at bestā€¦